Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Current LCAP Reports & Information
As part of the effort to provide more consistent funding to school districts, the State legislature and the governor created the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) in 2013. The LCFF requires that each school district produce an annual Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). There are eight state priority areas for which school districts, with parent and community input, must establish goals and actions in the LCAP:
- Providing all students access to fully credentialed teachers, instructional materials that align with state standards, and safe facilities.
- Implementation of California’s academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards in English language arts and math, Next Generation Science Standards, English language development, history social science, visual and performing arts, health education and physical education standards.
- Parent involvement and participation, so the local community is engaged in the decision-making process and the educational programs of students.
- Improving student achievement and outcomes along multiple measures, including test scores, English proficiency and college and career preparedness.
- Supporting student engagement, including whether students attend school or are chronically absent.
- Highlighting school climate and connectedness through a variety of factors, such as suspension and expulsion rates and other locally identified means.
- Ensuring all students have access to classes that prepare them for college and careers, regardless of what school they attend or where they live.
- Measuring other important student outcomes related to required areas of study, including physical education and the arts.
In addition to these eight areas, a district may also identify and incorporate in its plan goals related to its own local priorities. You can download the current Kentfield School District LCAP in the Contents area in this section.
2021-2022 Meeting Schedule
September 28, 2021, 4-5 p.m.
January 31, 2022, 4-5 p.m.
February 28, 2022, 4-5 p.m.
March 28, 2022, 4-5 p.m
April 25, 2022, 4-5 p.m
May 16, 2022, 4-5 p.m
Resources and Information
2020-2021 LCAP & Strategic Plan Advisory Committee Meetings
The KSD Local Control Accountability (LCAP) & Strategic Plan Advisory Committee discussed how to integrate the KSD’s new Strategic Plan with the development of the District’s three year LCAP.
January 20, 2021: Launch Purpose & Provide Background
March 25, 2021: Review Data aligned to Targeted Goals - propose services, agenda
April 21, 2021: Review Data aligned to Targeted Goals Summary - propose services, agenda
May 12, 2021: Share DRAFT LCAP