Office Hours and Dynamic School Guide Presentation, September 24, 2020
The new Blueprint for a Safer Economy offers a simplified four-tiered color coded system to monitor status of COVID-19 across the state. This system tracks the number of new cases per 100,000 people and positive test rates. The tiers are set up as follows:
Back-to-School Material Distribution
If you were unable to pick up instructional materials during the pick-up times, please contact your school site to make arrangements for pick-up this week.
- Please be sure you are wearing a face covering and maintaining social distancing protocols for the well-being of all.
School Supply Lists
- Grade level Stakeholder Information Sessions for Kindergarten, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-8th
- Superintendent Updates
- A Message From Bacich and Kent Leaders, July 27, 2020
- Return to School Roadmap Presentations, May 28, 2020 to present
- Virtual Office Hours Archives
- School Board Community Letters
California Governor and Department of Public Health
- Criteria for waivers allowing classroom instruction
- Governor Newsom's Pandemic Plan for Learning and Safe Schools and recorded press conference, July 17, 2020
Marin County Public Health
- Comprehensive Public Health Update - Dr. Matt Willis adn Dr. Lisa Santora, August 12, 2020
- Public Health Recommends Delay For Full Return of In-Classroom Learning, July 15, 2020
- Marin County Public Health recorded presentation and slide deck by Dr. Matt Willis, July 16, 2020
Internet and Connectivity
- Internet for All Now - Phone Number: 844-841-4636
- Comcast Internet Essentials (Temporarily Free) - Phone Number: 1-855-846-8376 for English or 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish
- Spectrum : 60 days of free internet to families who do not have access during the coronavirus pandemic - 1-844-579-3743 English | 1-833-224-6603 Spanish
Resources for Families
- Learning Activities - Kentfield's collection of sites with activities students can do at home.
Social Emotional Support
The Bacich and Kent counselors have created documents to support the emotional needs of students and families during the closure:
In partnership with Governor Newsom, Parents Anonymous® Inc. recently launched the California Parent & Youth Helpline and Online Parents Anonymous® Support Groups in response to the Coronavirus to provide free trauma-informed, evidenced-based emotional support to Parents, Children and Youth in any language via calls, text, live chat, and email.
- The California Parents & Youth Helpline operates 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-8: p.m.
- Parents can Join a Weekly Online Support Group NOW through the website: caparentyouthhelpline.org. In this confidential setting, Parents address their underlying emotions and build resiliency to strengthen their family.
Parent Education Series Webinars
Marin County Behavioral Health and Recovery Series and the Marin County Office of Education offered a webinar series focusing on mental health and wellness in the home.
- Effective Strategies to Support Loneliness and Isolation Due to Lack of Direct Peer Interactions
- Strategies to Address Building an Effective Home Routine/Schedule for Individuals/Families
- Developing Coping Skills to Help Adapt to Change
Drive-Thru Food Distribution at Northgate Mall
Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Weekly registration required. Registration opens at 10 a.m. on Thursdays of the week prior.
- No internet access? Call 628-272-8430