Last week, I had the opportunity to start the day in one of our third grade classrooms. I led the class in their Morning Meeting. This meaningful time to check in with students is part of the Responsive Classroom program, which helps students build relationships with the teacher and one another and supports an optimal learning environment.
The Meeting begins with a question or a special greeting shared by each member of the classroom. I asked the students to share with me what they enjoy doing most outside of school. Most answers ranged from basketball to horseback riding to playing with their cousins. Five children shared with me that they love to play Fortnite, when they are not in school.
For those of you who may not be aware, Fortnite is a cartoon-like video game recommended by Common Sense Media for children over thirteen years old. Common Sense Media is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children and their families understand and navigate the options available with today’s media and technology.
Their website points out that Fortnite is a combat-based game, with guns and violence. The content is mature and random strangers can participate in un-moderated chats with those who play.
With the onslaught of technology available to our children today, I encourage you to understand what your sons and daughters are playing on their phones or computers. And with the present frenzy of Fortnite, I hope you will take the time to explore this game for yourself and decide if it is something you want your child to play.
- The following link about Fortnite is published by Common Sense Media:
Bacich Bears Broadcast
Bacich Library Update
Lost and Found items will be donated on Friday, February 8, 2019.
- Please check the bin to see if your child if your child is missing anything.
Current Fourth Grade Families: 5th Grade Registration Event at Kent
- Proof of residency for registration event for fifth grade registration: Wednesday, February 27 2019, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please download and complete this Proof of Residency (POR) Affidavit before the registration event.
- Bring the form and your supporting documents with you to the registration event.
- As described on the Affidavit, you must submit two items from the Category 1 (the first column) and one item from Category 2 (the second column).
YouthTruth Student Survey
Third and fourth graders may take the District's YouthTruth Student Survey. Please read the District's newsletter section for more information on this survey.
- Surveys will take place between January 28, 2019 to February 8, 2019.
- Youth Truth Parental Consent Letter - In English and Spanish
- Youth Truth Survey Questions
- Bacich ELAC meeting: February 6, 2019, 8-9 a.m., Portable 1. The meeting will cover an Aeries tour, Kindergarten registration, and other topics.
- Fourth Grade Families: Rancho Day is Friday, February 15, 2019. Volunteer information will soon be available.
- Third Grade Concert: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 6:30–7:30 p.m., Bacich Community Center
New Student Registration
- Kindergarten registration will open Friday, February 1, 2019
Bacich 2018-2019 Yearbooks Now on Sale
- Click here to order a Bacich Yearbook. Order by April 19, 2019.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: February 4, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Please visit our Bacich Families page for information such as the Bell Schedule, Parent Handbook, and other important resources and forms.
Bacich Grade Level and Program Websites
Follow Bacich on Instagram
Bacich Elementary School @bacichelementary
Bacich STEAM Projects @bacichsteam
Bacich Library @bacichlibrary