Greetings Kent Community,
Since we’ve launched Together We Can, our new collective impact community service initiative, over 140 Kent falcons have signed up to participate. The purpose behind Together We Can is simple: to create a positive impact through meaningful service in our community, and to make community service accessible to any child who wants to get involved.
Students can sign up to participate in the project for the day of service, or students can sign up to lead this work. Student leaders will be identifying areas of need that can be addressed through our help, and designing a project for their grade level peers to complete. Parent volunteers at each grade level will be facilitating the process and offering support to the student leaders. By the culmination of the 2018-2019 school year, we will quantify and celebrate the collective impact we were able to achieve through this effort. Given the response and ideas shared so far, I am confident we’ll have a lot to celebrate!
While Together We Can is voluntary and outside of daily school responsibilities, we would love for your child to participate. Please encourage your child to sign up through this link, also available on the Kent home page under Announcements. I’m looking forward to working closely with our student leaders and participants, and to seeing our collective impact improve our community.
All my best,
Together We Can
- Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative.
View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website.
Yearbook Are Now On Sale!
- Don't miss out on this important memento for your Falcon! Just go to this link: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Our school code is 7587.
February 14 2019: Have A Heart Event
Please encourage your student to walk, bike, bus or carpool to school on Valentine's Day. The Kent Eco-Action club is holding an event called "HAVE A HEART."
Your student will have a chance to win one of 15 Three Twins gift cards. Also, if they bring in a waste free lunch they can enter an additional raffle ticket to win.
Go Green on Valentine's Day!
Kent Golf Sign-ups for 5th-8th grades are now open.
- Sign-ups will be posted in the boys' and girls' locker rooms for the next two weeks.
- Students should listen to the broadcast for tryout information.
- Tryouts will be held in late February at McInnis Golf Course.
Go Falcons! Bring home another pennant!
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019: 8th Grade Graduation Fundraiser Bake Sale, 9:45-10:15 a.m. and 1:15-1:45 p.m.
- Please consider volunteering to help the bake sale: www.signupgenius.com/go/4090A45A9AB2B0-2019
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019: Incoming 5th Grade Registration Event, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office, download Proof of Residency Affidavit
Kent Site Council
Next Meeting: March 5, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
8th Grade Announcements
High School Registration
- Redwood High School Tours, Online Registration Instructions, and parent letter
- Drake High School Tours
Eighth Grade Graduation Information
- Check this page for graduation fundraising events, committee meeting dates, volunteer sign-ups, graduation events, and forms. Volunteer sign up now open!
Keep up with all that is happening here:
Graduation Fundraiser Raffle:
We are looking for gifts appealing to parents and/or kids. Suggestions: theatre or sporting event tickets, restaurant gift cards, headphones or other electronics.
- To donate contact Erika McGrath at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 378-5972.
- Don't have any items to donate? We can help! Click here to donate cash for the purchase of raffle prizes.
Please visit our Kent Families page for information such as the Bell Schedule, Parent Handbook, and other important resources and forms.