Don't Miss These Announcements
Para español haga clic aquí / Click here for a Language Translation of Newsletter
Incoming Kindergarten and Fifth Grade Registration Events: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Please download this Proof of Residency (POR) Affidavit before the registration event.
- Bring the completed form and your supporting documents with you to the registration event.
- As described on the Affidavit, you must submit two items from the Category 1 (the first column), one item from Category 2 (the second column), and a current ID.
- Incoming New Kindergarten Students: 1-3 p.m., Bacich Office
- This event is only for families who have NOT yet completed online registration and brought their documents in to the school office.
- Documents include POR affidavit, birth certificate, and immunizations records.
- Current 4th Graders/Incoming 5th Graders: 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Students matriculating from Bacich to Kent only need to provide a new POR affidavit; online registration is only for students new to Kentfield School District.
Friday, March 15, 2019
- Seventh Grade WEB Leader Applications due to Ms. Stephens
- Bacich Lost and Found items will be donated.
- Last day for Bacich's Pennies for Patients drive.
- Kent Spring Dance for 7th and 8th grade students, 7-9 p.m.
- Interested chaperones should contact, Ms. Stephens, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last day to donate an item, sponsorship, or sign up party for kik Spring Event
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Bacich New Student Registration Event for incoming Kindergarten students, 1-3 p.m., Bacich Office
- Kent Registration Event for current 4th graders, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Parent Education: Screenagers Film, 7-9 p.m., Kent MP Room, RSVP here
Thursday, March 21, 2019
- DELAC meeting, 5:45-7 p.m, Kentfield District Office
Friday, March 22, 2019
- Fifth and Sixth Grade Games Night, 6-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
Save the Date:
Monday, March 25, 2019:
- Fourth grade parents - Gold Country meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 33
- Bacich Yearbook ordering deadline
- Special Board Meeting, 4–7:30 p.m., District Office
Tuesday, March 26, 2019: Health and Wellness Committee Meeting, 9-10 a.m., District Office
Wednesday, March 27, 2019: Kent Friday Schedule - 3:30 p.m. release
Thursday, March 28, 2019: Kent Open House, 6-7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 29, 2019:
- Kent Wednesday Schedule - 1:13 p.m. release
- KSPTA Standing Committee on Equity and Inclusion meeting, 9:30- 11:30 a.m., District Office
Monday, April 1, 2019:
- KSPTA General Meeting, 8:30–10 a.m., Kent Library
- Bacich Site Council Meeting, 3–4 p.m., Bacich Library
Tuesday, April 2, 2019:
- Kent Site Council Meeting, 3:30–4:30 p.m., Kent Office Conference
- Kent Being Adept Parent Ed, 6:30-8 p.m.
Thursday, April 4, 2019: Bacich Open House, 6-7 p.m.
Budget Information Meetings
This presentation will be discussed at the following public meeting:
March 21, 2019: ELAC/DELAC Meeting, 6 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Bacich Principal Sally Peck
Read Across America!
Bacich students and staff are celebrating our love of books by participating in the Read Across America challenge. Our goal for the month of March is to read 5,000 books! We have been keeping track of our progress! If the Bacich Bears reach their goal, there will be an assembly with special guest stars and activities. Stay tuned!
- Learn some playground safety tips, and meet our new guest, Teddy Art Bear.
Lost and Found items will be donated on Friday, March 15, 2019
Last Day for Pennies for Patients
- March 15, 2019
- The fundraiser benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Students brought home collection boxes in their Friday folders on March 1, 2019.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: April 1, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website.
Attention Seventh Grade WEB Leader Hopefuls - Applications due Friday, March 15, 2019
Applications are due Friday, March 15, 2019. Ms. Stephens has the forms in room 34. Come down and get one if you feel like you would be a valuable student leader at our school!
The seventh and eighth grade spring dance will be Friday, March 15, 2019 from 7-9 p.m. in the gym. Tickets are $5 each and will go on sale Friday during lunch and at the door. The theme is Candy Land, so dress colorfully and creatively and make your way through the Peppermint Forest to the dance!
- Parents: if you would like to chaperone this fun event, please email Ms. Stephens!
Together We Can!
Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative.
Yearbook Are Now On Sale!
- Don't miss out on this important memento for your Falcon! Just go to this link: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Our school code is 7587.
Kent Eco Action Club: Go Green = Eat Pie
Today, Pi Day, Kent students were able to pick up their Go Green = Eat Pie backpack tag from the Eco Action club.
Use eco-friendly transportation to get to school to have your tag stamped three of the following four dates and you will earn a ticket to receive a piece of pie!
Walk/Bike/Skateboard/Scooter or Park and Walk (at least 10 min.)
- March 14, 15, 21, 22, 2019
Kent Site Council
Next Meeting: April 2, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
8th Grade Announcements
Safe Routes to School
Upcoming Walk & Roll Wednesdays
March 20, 2019 and March 27, 2019
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
Save The Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Sponsor The Auction
March 15, 2019 is the deadline to donate an item, sponsorship, or sign up party – we’d love your help! Also, stay tuned for an email with information on how to buy tickets to this fun event that raises money for our schools. Visit the the kik website for more information: www.kikschools.org/ways-to-give/events/spring-event/
Any contribution at any level makes an impact on our schools.
Help us reach 100% participation for our schools.
Next KSPTA Meeting: April 1, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Kent Library
Parent Education: Screenagers
- March 20, 2019, 7-9 p.m., Kent MP Room
- RSVP here: ksptascreenagers.eventbrite.com
Fifth & Sixth Grade Game Night
- March 22, 2019, 6-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
KSPTA Standing Committee on Equity and Inclusion Meeting
- March 29, 2019, 9:30- 11:30 a.m., District Office
- Click here for more information.
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Growing Up Green Fundraiser
- Fundraiser will be held March 22 - 31, 2019.
Shop at any Sloat Garden Center location during Growing up Green week, mention your school, and your school will receive 10% of purchases back in the form of a Sloat gift card, which can go towards your school’s beautification projects, fundraisers or classroom activities. The school with the highest participation will receive 20% of purchases back.
Parent Education Event: Mindfulness
The Marin County Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) presents an evening with Blair McElroy, psychotherapist, as she discusses mindfulness tools for families, using focused attention, self-regulation, and kindness to help reduce stress and increase connection.
- March 20, 2019, 7-8 p.m, Kentfield School District Office
- A SEAC Business meeting will take place from 6:00 to 6:30 pm for those interested in attending
- Light Dinner will be available from 6:30–7 p.m.
- View flyer.
2019 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
The Marin County Office of Education, in collaboration with Raising Healthy Families and the Community Institute for Psychotherapy, invites you to attend a series of informative, educational presentations that will examine important issues facing today’s families. The presentations will be led by noted Bay Area experts, and will offer tools and strategies to empower caregivers to raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
Admissions is free, and attendees must register in advance at www.cipmarin.org or by calling (415) 459-5999, ext. 101.
Suggested donations, sliding scale, $75, $50, $25. All event proceeds go directly to support Community Institute for Psychotherapy’s safety-net programs.
Embodied Resilience: Mindfulness for Challenging Times
Presented by Shai Lavie, LMFT
Thursday, March 28, 2019, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
San Rafael Community Center, 618 B Street, San Rafael, CA
2019 Marin Teen Girl Conference Empowered Women – Empower Women!
Who: Teen Girls in grades 8-12 in Marin County
What: 2019 Marin Teen Girl Conference sponsored by the Marin Women’s Commission
When: Sunday, March 31, 2019 9 a.m-3:30 p.m.
Where: Embassy Suites By Hilton 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903
Parent Education Event: Courageous Conversations
- May 7, 2019, 5-7:30 p.m., Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Engage in a thoughtful, compassionate exploration of race and racism led by Dr. Lori Watson, a transformation specialist with Pacific Education Group who has been working with educators across Marin’s public and private schools to look intensely, both personally and professionally, at race, racism, and how we are educating all students.
Spanish language translation will be available during the meeting.