Don't Miss These Announcements
New Updates for Kent Graduation - Six Flags permission slip, donation form, and Grad Week volunteer sign-up.
CAASPP Tips and Schedules
- Learn more about CAASPP at Bacich from Assistant Principal Methinee Bozeman and at Kent from Assistant Principal Jenny Walsh.
New CAASPP and ELPAC Resource Websites from the California Department of Education
Using the Starting Smarter websites, families can become involved in their child’s progress and:
- Learn more about the performance areas in each subject and grade.
- See sample test questions.
- Prepare for parent-teacher conferences with a useful downloadable guide.
- Access high-quality resources to support learning at home.
Starting Smarter for the CAASPP: ca.startingsmarter.org
Starting Smarter for the ELPAC: elpac.startingsmarter.org.
Bacich - Earth Day celebration rescheduled for Friday, May 10, 2019, sign up to volunteer here
We are currently attempting to ensure that all families have both accurate and adequate emergency contact information in our system, and communications notification preferences set as desired. Please click here to read these important instructions.
Changing Schools for 2019-2020?
If you anticipate that your student will not be returning to Bacich Elementary School or Kent Middle School next year for any reason, please contact the school office.
Friday, May 3, 2019
- Third Grade CAASPP Testing, more information
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Monday, May 6, 2019:
- Bacich Site Council, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library – applications for open seats available.
- Bacich Book Drive for Marin Community Clinic begins
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Wellness Committee meeting, 9-10 a.m., District Office - CORRECT TIME
- Kent Site Council, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- National Bike to School Day - find out more here.
- Coffee (for parents) and pastries at Bacich.
Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Gender Information Night for Parents, 6-7:30 p.m., Kent, read more about the event here
Friday, May 10, 2019
Saturday, May 11, 2019
- kik Spring Event and Auction, 5–10 p.m., more information
Save the Date:
May 13-17, 2019: Fourth Grade CAASPP Testing, more information
May 13, 2019:
- KSPTA meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., Kent Room 34, agenda
- Communications Committee meeting, 1-2 p.m., District Office, agenda
May 14, 2019: School Board Meeting, 5-7 p.m., District Office
May 16, 2019
- Bacich Site Council applications are due to the Bacich Office
- Kent Site Council Letters of Interest due to Kristi Burlingame, firstname.lastname@example.org
May 17, 2019: Bacich Book Drive for Marin Community Clinic ends
May 21, 2019: Re-classification Ceremony, 6-7:30 p.m., Kent MP room
May 22, 2019: Safety Committee meeting, 9-10 a.m., District Office
May 27, 2019: No School –– Memorial Day
May 28, 2019: School Board meeting, 5-7 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Bacich Assistant Principal Methinee Bozeman
Earth Day celebration rescheduled for Friday, May 10, 2019
- Fun, Earth-friendly activities will be set up on the blacktop for students TK-fourth grade to enjoy during their lunch recess
- Volunteer here to help with lunchtime activities between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Bacich Book Drive
Are your bookcases overflowing with books your kids have outgrown? Or are they boxed, cluttering your garage, and in need of being donated?
The Bacich Student Council’s Fifth Annual Book Drive benefitting the Marin Community Clinic is the perfect place to donate them!
From May 6-17, 2019, our school will be collecting gently used or new kids books to donate to the Marin Community Clinic. The Marin Community Clinic offers medical services to underserved communities across Marin, providing vital health and welfare services to populations that would otherwise go without such necessary benefits. For every child that comes through the clinic, either as a patient or accompanying one, the clinic offers them a complimentary book to promote reading and encourage learning! The clinic relies solely on donations for this offering – and our book drive over the last five years provided enough books to give a book to every child for the entire year, every year, for the last five years!!!
Our goal this year is to surpass last years' total of 2,000 books, so we welcome your participation and that of anyone you know!
Please bring your books to Bacich, and deposit them in the bins outside of Ms. Bozeman and Ms. Peck's office! They will be collected, tallied, and distributed to kids at the clinic on May 17, 2019!
- If you walk and roll to school, check in at the Safe Routes to School table to get a card and stamp to enter the scooter raffle on May 29, 2019.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: May 6, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Site Council Election
- Applications for the three open seats for 2019-2020 will be available online or in the office on May 6, 2019.
- Applications are due May 16, 2019.
- Elections will be held May 20-24, 2019.
- Bacich Site Council Online Application - 2019 - The online application form.
- Bacich Site Council Application - The printable PDF application form. Please return to the office by May 16, 2019.
Assistant Principal Jenny Walsh
Kent Library Update
Pizza Lunch and Book Club
Grab a copy of Ghost Boys by Jewel Parker Rhodes from the library or your language arts teacher, then come to our event on May 21, 2019 at lunch in Room 24.
View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website.
Gender Information Night for Parents: May 9, 2019, 6-7:30 p.m., Kent
The Kentfield School District strives to create safe school environments for all children, communities in which all of our children belong. Our children are our greatest asset, and we value the variety of experience, culture, and identity among students. This year the District partnered closely with an organization called Gender Spectrum to work with students and staff at Kent around the topic of gender and gender diversity. We invite all Kentfield families to join us for a Gender Education Information Night, where district staff will lead a presentation and discussion around the dimensions of gender. This presentation will include components shared with the Kent faculty, as well as lessons shared with all Kent students, in an effort maximize the school-to-home partnership in the way we talk about individual differences. Please plan to join us on May 9th from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. in the Kent Library for this important conversation.
Together We Can!
- Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative.
Kent School Site Council
Next Meeting: May 7, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend School Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Site Council Election
- Applications for the two open seats for 2019-2020 are available by contacting Site Council member Kristi Burlingame (email@example.com) by Thursday, May 16, 2019.
- Interested incoming fifth or sixth grade parent/guardian applicants are invited to share a short summary of their interests and qualifications to serve on this committee, which we will post in the Parent Bulletin onMay 17, 2019.
8th Grade Announcements
Future Redwood High School Families
Would you like a way to be more connected to parents of your child’s Freshman class? Redwood Parents Connect, a Redwood-specific parent-led community, would like to welcome you to join the community! Go to redwoodparentsconnect.com/2023 for more info! Parent groups are now forming for the incoming freshman class, and there is a closed Facebook group just for parents of Redwood's Class of 2023. Sign up now!
Diploma Name Instructions
Please complete this form to input the exact name as you would like it for your child's diploma.
Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School Events
Help your student gear up for National Bike to School Day on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Students who bike, scooter, or skateboard to school can get a treat and enter a raffle drawing for a Hydro Flask water bottle at Kent and a scooter at Bacich. Encourage your student to join the thousands of students in Marin who are reducing pollution, reducing traffic, and getting exercise on their way to school!
Do you know a student that you admire who enjoys biking? Nominate your Bike Hero for his/her chance to win a $50.00 gift card. Go to saferoutestoschools.org for more information. Nominations accepted till 5:00 p.m. on May 31, 2019.
Upcoming Walk & Roll Wednesdays: May 8, 2019 and May 15, 2019
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
New Website and App
Marin Commutes is a new website and app to keep you informed about local programs to ease your commute through the use of public transit, biking, walking, and other alternatives to car trips.
From April 29 to June 9, 2019, win prizes when you log your green trips in the My Marin Commute system. Whether you walk, bike, take transit or share the ride, your decision to use a green commute option is good choice for your well-being and the environment! For more details on how to get started and log your trips, click here.
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing: Saturday, May 11, 2019
The online auction is live! Support your school by bidding on some amazing items and sign up parties! Check it out here!
Visit the kik website for more information: www.kikschools.org/ways-to-give/events/spring-event/
Any contribution at any level makes an impact on our schools.
Help us reach 100% participation for our schools.
Next KSPTA Meeting: May 13, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Kent Room 34, agenda
Final day of Teachers Appreciation Week - May 4th
Volunteer for Bacich Earth Day!
- Friday, May 10, 2019
Bacich is celebrating Earth Day, and parent help is needed to pull off the celebration. The day will include many fun activities for students to learn how our actions impact the Earth, and ways in which we can all protect our environment.
We need parent volunteers to assist with our lunchtime activities between 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. During this time we will have several booths where children will participate in an activity or game to learn about climate control, recycling, water conservation, and other environmental considerations.
Please sign up to help with these booths and join your children for a sunny Friday lunchtime celebration of Earth Day 2019 at Bacich!
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Community Heritage and History Day
The Kentfield-Greenbrae Historical Society (KGHS) and Bon Air invite you to the fun, family-friendly Community Heritage & History event.
The event will feature a historical "Marin Nostalgia" slideshow, a film about local artist George Dumont Otis, and a fun passport game with the 40+ participating Community Leaders and Organizations to win a Gotts soft serve cone or SusieCakes cupcake.
On one end of Bon Air near Peets, there will be a "Music Tent" with the Kent student jazz band, choir, and COM Chamber Singers performing with student artwork and science projects from Bacich and Kent on display.
The event will also have a "Maker Tent" near Wells Fargo with hands-on activities for kids by Camp Galileo and Cub Scout Pack 59.
- May 4, 2019, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Bon Air Center
- View Flyer.
Dual Full-Immersion Spanish Classes at Bacich and Kent
Join Viva el Español to learn Spanish through games, songs, stories and art projects in a full-immersion environment in the morning before school.
Bacich Viva el Español
- 1st-3rd Grade: Monday-Friday, 7:20-8 a.m.
- 2nd - 5th Grade Continuing Students: Monday–Friday, 7:20-8 a.m.
- Click here to register: link here. Register by May 31, 2019 and save up to $100 with our Early Bird price.
Kent Viva el Español
- 5th-6th Grade: Monday–Friday, 7:40-8:20 a.m.
- Click here to register. Register by May 31, 2019 and save up to $100 with our early bird price.
All classes run September 9, 2019 to June 5, 2020.
St. Anselm's CYO Girls Volleyball - Registration Now Open
Incoming Grades 5-8 (Fall 2019 school year)
Deadline to register: May 17, 2019
Player evaluations will be held May 21, 2019 and May 22, 2019.
Parent Education Event: Courageous Conversations
- May 7, 2019, 5-7:30 p.m., Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Engage in a thoughtful, compassionate exploration of race and racism led by Dr. Lori Watson, a transformation specialist with Pacific Education Group who has been working with educators across Marin’s public and private schools to look intensely, both personally and professionally, at race, racism, and how we are educating all students.
Spanish language translation will be available during the meeting.
Parent Education Film Event: Instant Family
In celebration of National Foster Care Month in May, please join us for a screening of Instant Family. Presented by CFI Education in partnership with Marin County Children and Family Services. A panel discussion with members of the Marin fostering community will follow.
- May 9, 2019, 7 p.m.
- San Rafael Film Center, 1118 Fourth Street, San Rafael
- Get Tickets Here
SchoolLink: Buy Books! Help Schools!
Shop at Book Passage, mention your school, and your school will receive a percentage of purchases back as a donation.