Don't Miss These Announcements
- Bacich Book Drive for Marin Community Clinic ends May 17, 2019
- Bacich Site Council Candidate Statements - please read to prepare for voting next week
- Bacich Volunteer Appreciation Tea: June 6, 2019, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Bacich Community Center
- Pre-order Bacich school supplies now through July 7, 2019 at KSPTA.org
- CAASPP Schedule May 17-24, 2019
- Kent Site Council Candidate Statements - please read to prepare for voting next week
- 8th Grade Families! All Graduation Forms are due Wednesday, May 22, 2019 to the Kent Office
- Grades for Hexamester 5 are now available on Aeries
- Kent Volunteer Appreciation Reception: May 22, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
- Pre-order Kent school supplies now through July 7, 2019 at KSPTA.org
School Board Announcements
CAASPP Tips and Schedules
- Learn more about CAASPP at Bacich from Assistant Principal Methinee Bozeman and at Kent from Assistant Principal Jenny Walsh
- CAASPP resources - sample tests, parent guides, and information
- Starting Smarter for the ELPAC: elpac.startingsmarter.org
We are currently attempting to ensure that all families have both accurate and adequate emergency contact information in our system, and communications notification preferences set as desired. Please click here to read these important instructions.
Changing Schools for 2019-2020?
If you anticipate that your student will not be returning to Bacich Elementary School or Kent Middle School next year for any reason, please contact the school office.
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Bacich Book Drive for Marin Community Clinic ends
- CAASPP Assessments for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders (Kent CAASPP Schedule)
Sunday, May 19, 2019
- Together We Can Events: Lemonade Stand, Community Walk, Community Giving, Family Movie Night
- Family Movie Night Bolt – A 7th Grade TWC Community Service Fundraiser , RSVP here, view flyer
- Community service opportunities for Kent students.
- Our entire Kentfield community is welcome to attend the events planned by Kent students.
May 20-24, 2019: CAASPP Assessments for 5th, 7th, and 8th graders & CAASPP Make-Ups for 4th Graders
Monday, May 20, 2019
- California Science Test for 5th and 8th graders
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Re-classification Ceremony, 6-7:30 p.m., Kent MP room
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- 8th Grade forms due to Kent Office – find out more here
- Safety Committee meeting, 9-10 a.m., District Office
- Kent Volunteer Appreciation Reception, 1:30 p.m.
Save the Date
Monday, May 27, 2019: No School – Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 28, 2019: School Board meeting, 5-7 p.m., District Office
Thursday, May 30, 2019: 5th to 6th Grade Parent Step Up Day, 8:40-9:40 a.m., Kent
Monday, June 3, 2019: 4th to 5th Grade Parent Step Up Day, 8:40-9:40 a.m., Kent
- Next Regular Board Meeting:
- May 28, 2019, 5-7 p.m., District Office
- June 11, 2019, 5-7 p.m., District Office
- The Agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
English Language Learners
Bacich Principal Sally Peck
Bacich Assistant Principal Methinee Bozeman
Bacich Book Drive: Last Day!
Are your bookcases overflowing with books your kids have outgrown? Or are they boxed, cluttering your garage, and in need of being donated?
The Bacich Student Council’s Fifth Annual Book Drive benefitting the Marin Community Clinic is the perfect place to donate them!
Through May 17, 2019, our school will be collecting gently used or new kids books to donate to the Marin Community Clinic. The Marin Community Clinic offers medical services to underserved communities across Marin, providing vital health and welfare services to populations that would otherwise go without such necessary benefits. For every child that comes through the clinic, either as a patient or accompanying one, the clinic offers them a complimentary book to promote reading and encourage learning! The clinic relies solely on donations for this offering – and our book drive over the last five years provided enough books to give a book to every child for the entire year, every year, for the last five years!!!
Our goal this year is to surpass last years' total of 2,000 books, so we welcome your participation and that of anyone you know!
Please bring your books to Bacich, and deposit them in the bins outside of Ms. Bozeman and Ms. Peck's office! They will be collected, tallied, and distributed to kids at the clinic on May 17, 2019!
- If you walk and roll to school, check in at the Safe Routes to School table to get a card and stamp to enter the scooter raffle on May 29, 2019.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: June 3, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Site Council Election
- Three site council positions are available for 2019-2020
- Read candidates statements here
- Elections will be held during May 20-24, 2019. Voting will take place May 20-24, 2019. An online ballot that will be emailed to you, or a paper ballot will be available starting Wednesday in the office.
Kent Library Update
On Monday, after a year of planning, Kent welcomed Alan Gratz, author of Refugee, our All School Read. He was well worth the wait! Alan started the day with guest appearance on the Kent Falcon News, and continued the day with two engaging assemblies, book signing, lunch with the students who entered our essay contest, and some Q and A sessions with each grade level. He was filled with energy and enthusiasm, offering advice to young writers, and inspiring all of us to read his many books (all of which are available in the Kent Library).
I'd like to offer a huge thanks to the KSPTA for funding a generous grant to make this possible. We are already planning for our next All School Read – The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (young reader's edition). Buy your copy at The Book Passage today (and don't forget to mention Kent) to be ready for next year!
Pizza Lunch and Book Club
Grab a copy of Ghost Boys by Jewel Parker Rhodes from the library or your language arts teacher, then come to our event on May 21, 2019 at lunch in Room 24.
- View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website
- Grades for Hexamester 5 are now available on Aeries
- Kent Volunteer Appreciation Reception on May 22, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
- Information about the new bell schedule was tested at Kent
Together We Can!
- New community service opportunities for Kent students on May 19, 2019
- Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative
- Family Movie Night Bolt – A 7th Grade TWC Community Service Fundraiser, RSVP here, view flyer
All Together We Can Service projects are open to everyone! For example, although the seventh grade has chosen to do a movie night for their project, all grades and community are welcome to come! The more the merrier at all events, Falcons!!
Kent School Site Council
Next Meeting: June 4, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend School Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Site Council Election
- View Candidate Statements here
- Voting will start on Wednesday, May 22, 2019. An online ballot that will be emailed to you, or a paper ballot will be available starting Wednesday in the office.
8th Grade Announcements
All Graduation Forms are due Wednesday, May 22, 2019 to the Kent Office
- Diploma Form – Please complete this form to input the exact name as you would like it for your child's diploma
- Six Flags Permission Slip – please return to the Kent Office
- Graduation Donation Form – please return to the Kent Office
Future Redwood High School Families
Would you like a way to be more connected to parents of your child’s Freshman class? Redwood Parents Connect, a Redwood-specific parent-led community, would like to welcome you to join the community! Go to redwoodparentsconnect.com/2023 for more info! Parent groups are now forming for the incoming freshman class, and there is a closed Facebook group just for parents of Redwood's Class of 2023. Sign up now!
Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School Events
Do you know a student that you admire who enjoys biking? Nominate your Bike Hero for his/her chance to win a $50.00 gift card. Go to saferoutestoschools.org for more information. Nominations accepted till 5:00 p.m. on May 31, 2019.
Upcoming Walk & Roll Wednesdays: May 22, 2019 and May 29, 2019
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
That’s A Wrap!
Thank you to all the families who attended the event, bid on items, donated items, signed up to host parties or sponsored the auction – we couldn’t have done it without you!
You can still donate to Fund a Need until the end of the school year – our kids deserve an awesome playground at Bacich!
Any contribution at any level makes an impact on our schools.
Help us reach 100% participation for our schools.
KSPTA supports Wait Until 8th
The Wait Until 8th pledge empowers parents to rally together to delay giving children a smartphone until at least eighth grade. By banding together, we can decrease the pressure felt by kids and parents alike over smartphones. Our peers in Ross, Corte Madera, Larkspur, the Reed District, and throughout the Bay Area are doing the Wait Until 8th movement.
School Supply Ordering
More information on pre-ordering school supplies: kspta.org/order-next-years-school-supplies-for-bacich-students/
- Kent school ID: KEN163
- Bacich school ID: BAC007
Last Day to Order is July 7, 2019
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Dual-Immersion Spanish Classes at Bacich and Kent
Join Viva el Español to learn Spanish through games, songs, stories and art projects in a full-immersion environment in the morning before school.
Bacich Viva el Español
- 1st-3rd Grade: Monday-Friday, 7:20-8 a.m.
- 2nd - 5th Grade Continuing Students: Monday–Friday, 7:20-8 a.m.
- Click here to register: link here. Register by May 31, 2019 and save up to $100 with our Early Bird price.
Kent Viva el Español
- 5th-6th Grade: Monday–Friday, 7:40-8:20 a.m.
- Click here to register. Register by May 31, 2019 and save up to $100 with our early bird price.
All classes run September 9, 2019 to June 5, 2020.