Kent Library Update
Attention 5th and 6th graders!
On June 6, 2019, we will have an author visit with Kelly Yang who wrote the wonderful novel, Front Desk. If you would like to read it, you may borrow a copy from your language arts teacher or the library. If you would like to have lunch with the author when she is here, enter our letter contest for a chance to win!
- See Ms. Jelen or your language arts teacher for more information or click here for the prompts.
Battle of the Books
Our Battle of the Books competition will be held during Kent Read Week on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 during lunch.
- Yearbooks will be distributed to 7th period classes on June 10, 2019. If you did not order a yearbook but would like to purchase one, your child can bring $40 cash to room 34 during that time to buy one. We cannot accept checks because those all went with the final order in April, but we will have additional yearbooks for sale.
- View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website
- Kent Site Council voting now open - scroll down to Kent Site Council section for more information
- Upcoming Parent Step Up meetings are for parents/guardians only (view calendar for dates and times)
Together We Can!
- All Together We Can Service projects are open to everyone! For example, although the seventh grade has chosen to do a movie night for their project, all grades and community are welcome to come! The more the merrier at all events, Falcons!!
Kent School Site Council
Next Meeting: June 4, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room, agenda
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend School Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
8th Grade Announcements
All Graduation Forms are due now to the Kent Office
- Six Flags Permission Slip – please return to the Kent Office
- Graduation Donation Form – please return to the Kent Office
Click here for Eighth Grade Graduation Information
Volunteer for Graduation Week events
Future Redwood High School Families
Would you like a way to be more connected to parents of your child’s Freshman class? Redwood Parents Connect, a Redwood-specific parent-led community, would like to welcome you to join the community! Go to redwoodparentsconnect.com/2023 for more info! Parent groups are now forming for the incoming freshman class, and there is a closed Facebook group just for parents of Redwood's Class of 2023. Sign up now!
Be The Influence
BTI provides Marin parents with tools to help delay adolescent alcohol and other drug use. Parents are empowered with facts, information and parenting tips through BTI’s website and newsletters. Parents also may gain access to a Parent Directory of participating BTI parents throughout Marin. The Parent Directory is especially useful as your child begins to socialize with students from other schools, which can begin in the summer months.
We invite all parents to visit the BTI website at www.betheinfluence.us where you will find valuable information on:
- Data on substance use in our high schools;
- State and local laws imposing civil and criminal liability on minors and adults;
- Tips on how to talk with your child about substance use;
- Tips on setting boundaries, monitoring your child and effective consequences;
- Tips on how to host parties and what to do when your child attends parties;
- Research on the effect of allowing kids to experiment at home or at teen parties;
- Blogs with facts on different drugs commonly used in Marin, and more.