District safety plans in the event of a PG&E Public Safety Power Shut Off (PSPS) - October 9, 2019 Update
Steps we will take in the event of loss of power at one or both of our schools:
- If power is turned off while school is in session, we will keep students in class through the end of the regular school day unless doing so is unsafe.
- If there is a confirmed power shutdown scheduled for a subsequent school day at one or both schools, the District will close both schools and communicate the closures in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- If power is restored prior to 5:00 a.m. on a school day when a closure has been announced the day before, the District will open the schools and communicate that news in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- All information related to school closures and reopening will be posted to our District and school websites, and will be communicated through Aeries email and direct feed as long as power allows.
- If one school is scheduled not to have power, both schools will be closed.
School Board Information
Strategic Planning Session Information and Resources
- Planning Workshops: October 17-18, 2019 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Board Meeting Highlights - September 10, 2019
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
District English Learners Advisory Committee
- DELAC Meeting: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 5:30-7 p.m., Bacich Library. School-age child care available.
Parent Partners Group
The Parent Partners is a group for parents of students with learning differences.
The group meets four times per year with the primary goals of providing parent perspective and feedback to the school district, supporting children with exceptional needs by increasing knowledge and acceptance of learning differences in the community and supporting parents of students with exceptional needs.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- For more information please contact Virginia DiGirolamo, Director of Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.