Don't Miss These Announcements
Steps we will take in the event of loss of power at one or both of our schools:
- If power is turned off while school is in session, we will keep students in class through the end of the regular school day unless doing so is unsafe.
- If there is a confirmed power shutdown scheduled for a subsequent school day at one or both schools, the District will close both schools and communicate the closures in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- If power is restored prior to 5:00 a.m. on a school day when a closure has been announced the day before, the District will open the schools and communicate that news in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- All information related to school closures and reopening will be posted to our District and school websites, and will be communicated through Aeries email and direct feed as long as power allows.
- If one school is scheduled not to have power, both schools will be closed.
Monday, October 28, 2019
- Author Judd Winick visits fourth graders in the Bacich Library
- 6th Grade Volleyball at White Hill
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Bacich Picture Make-Up Day
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Walk and Roll Wednesday
- Kent Cross Country Meet, 4 p.m., Indian Valley College of Marin Campus, Novato
- 8th Grade Volleyball at Mill Valley
Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Bacich Halloween Parade, 10:45 a.m. – parents welcome
- Kent Halloween Parade for students
Friday, November 1, 2019
- 7th/8th Grade Dance - interested chaperones, please contact Melissa Stephens
Save the Date
Monday, November 4, 2019
- KSPTA Meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
- Book Fair, 1-5 p.m.
- Bacich Site Council, 3 p.m., Bacich Conference Room
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Book Fair, 8 – 10 a.m. and 12-5 p.m. (Morning coffee!)
- Communication Committee Meeting, 1-2 p.m., District Office
- Kent Site Council, 3:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- DELAC Meeting, 5:30-7 p.m., Bacich Library. School-age child care available.
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Bacich ELAC Meeting , 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
- Book Fair, 8 – 10 a.m. and 12-4 p.m. (Donut Day for Kent Students)
Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Book Fair, 8 – 10 a.m. and 12-7 p.m. (Taco truck 4-7 p.m.)
Friday, November 8, 2019
- Book Fair, 8 – 10 a.m. and 12-4 p.m.
Monday, November 11, 2019: No school
November 12-15: Bacich Parent-Teacher Conferences – scheduling information coming soon.
Friday, November 15, 2019
- Documentary Viewing - All School Read: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, 5-7 p.m., Kent Library
- Event RSVP
- Free event; pizza and refreshments will be sold
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
English Language Learners
All School Read at Bacich
To accompany the All School Read of The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind, the Kent Library invites Kentfield families to a screening of the film based on the book.
This film has been rated ages 12 and up by Common Sense Media (it is based on the adult version of the book). Parental discretion is advised for students in grades 5 and below.
Film Event: Friday, November 15, 2019, 5-7 p.m., Kent Library
Annual Bacich Halloween Parade will be on Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
- Parents are welcome to watch as students, teachers and staff march through the McAllister neighborhood grade by grade. Students are welcome to come to school in costume, but they must leave fake blood, scary masks, weapons, and the creepy stuff at home.
- Read Bacich Principal Sally Peck's letter to parents about Halloween from October 3, 2019
- These volunteer roles are school-wide. For classroom-specific opportunities, please contact your lead room parent.
Kent All School Read
We are proud to present a film adaption of The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind to accompany our All School Read.
- Thursday, November 15, 2019, 5-7 p.m., Kent MP Room
- Free event, and pizza and snacks will be on sale.
- Event Registration
- Teens In Transitions: Strategies for Informed, Responsible Decision-Making seminars for eighth grade students will be held at Kent on November 22nd, as well as two days at the Branson School in Ross on November 25th and 26th.
- The parent letter details background information that is essential for your understanding of the development and objectives of this program.
5th - 7th Grade Only: Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at email@example.com.
- Please do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers. All transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
Kent Halloween Parade – Thursday, October 31, 2019
At Kent, students who wish to celebrate Halloween can come to school in costume and participate in our annual Halloween parade on Halloween morning. Please follow these Halloween costume guidelines:
- Costumes must follow our school dress code (pg. 16 in student agenda)
- Costumes must not include weapons of any kind, real or imitation
- Costumes should not include excessive amounts of blood or other elements that others could find scary or alarming
- Masks are permitted during the parade, but not around school that day
Redwood High School Music Program Meet & Greet
Redwood High School Music Department invites all of Kent's instrumental students to visit Redwood for a visit, BBQ, hang out, meet some music kids in high school, and get a sense of Redwood’s cool music program.
- Monday, October 28, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
- All Kent 6th, 7th, and 8th graders students interested in music are welcome
On this sign-up link, you will find all Kent volunteer opportunities. Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, November 4, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
Come join us for an annual favorite — the Book Fair! You’ll find a carefully curated selection of books grouped by age, perfect for everyone from younger tots to teens, and even a few for yourself. A portion of all sales goes to the KSPTA to help fund programs such as art, music, technology, PE, library, grants, teacher stipends, and more. Complimentary gift wrapping available.
Monday, November 4 – Friday, November 8
- Monday, November 4, 2019: 1-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019: 8-10 a.m. and 12-5 p.m. (Morning coffee!)
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019: 8-10 a.m. and 12-4 p.m. (Donut Day for Kent Students)
- Thursday, November 7, 2019: 8-10 a.m. and 12-7 p.m. (Taco truck 4-7pm)
- Friday, November 8, 2019: 8-10 a.m. and 12-4 p.m.
October is KSPTA Membership Month!
Please join the KSPTA today to support our community events and programs and lend your voice to our state and national PTA’s advocacy on behalf of children.
- Learn more about joining your PTA.
- Click here to join today
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact email@example.com.
Wednesday, October 30: Bundle up on crisp fall mornings for Walk & Roll to school with your children.
How do you breathe less pollution on school run?
A study compares pollution levels when walking, biking and driving to school in a small English city. Guess which one scored the highest/worst? Turns out, even with filters, our cars are just exhaust hot boxes! (2 min video from bbc.com)
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Corte Madera Library Events
- Grades 4 & up, click link above to register and reserve a book
Hands On Science Fun
Saturday, October 26, 2019, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
- Free admission
- Free parking
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019: The No Bully Introduction & E-Learning Course
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: Power of Zero: Raising children in a Connected World
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020: How to Stop Cyberbullying with focus on Grades 3-8
- Thursday, March 15, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Kentfield/Greenbrae Community Meeting
Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 10-11:30 a.m., Kent Middle School Library
Supervisor Katie Rice will begin the meeting with updates on key issues of importance to the Kentfield/Greenbrae community followed by time for questions, comments, and conversation on any topics of interest to those attending.
Spring Registration and Tee & Donuts Event
Kentfield Girls Softball is for 5 to 15-year olds living in Kentfield, Greenbrae, Ross, and North Larkspur based on child’s age on January 1st.
- Registration opens November 1st.
- Visit www.KentfieldGirlsSoftball.com for more information, email address for questions and registration link.
Tee & Donuts Event: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 10-11:30 a.m., Bacich
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
The deadline to register for the 2020 Washington, DC & Boston Trip (4/4- 4/9/2020) is Friday, February 14, 2020. Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.