Steps we will take in the event of loss of power at one or both of our schools:
- If power is turned off while school is in session, we will keep students in class through the end of the regular school day unless doing so is unsafe.
- If there is a confirmed power shutdown scheduled for a subsequent school day at one or both schools, the District will close both schools and communicate the closures in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- If power is restored prior to 5:00 a.m. on a school day when a closure has been announced the day before, the District will open the schools and communicate that news in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- All information related to school closures and reopening will be posted to our District and school websites, and will be communicated through Aeries email and direct feed as long as power allows.
- If one school is scheduled not to have power, both schools will be closed.