Welcome back to the 2020 side of the 2019-2020 school year!
Weekly meetings are underway to assist the board with its daunting task of balancing next year’s budget. All are welcome to attend, but if that is not an option, here is the annotated agenda with links to resources that provide relevant information. Feel free to add your questions or ideas to the linked google doc.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Letter to the Community: January 9, 2020
- The School Board provides an update on January-February Finance Committee Meetings, Superintendent Search, Strategic Plan, College of Marin (COM) litigation, and the Bacich Construction Project (Spanish Version)
School Board Information
Board Meeting Highlights - December 10, 2019
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meetings
The first interim budget report was presented by District Business Official Kirsten Starsiak at the December 12, 2019 School Board meeting. The district was able to certify to the county that we can meet our financial obligations for the next three years only after reducing $1 million in expenditures in next year’s projected budget.
The board has requested that an ad hoc Finance Committee meet through the month of January to produce a menu of possible expenditure reductions in time to produce a balanced 2020-21 budget.
- All meetings are from 4-5:30 p.m. in the District Office
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Monday, February 3, 2020
Monday, February 10, 2020
English Language Learners
English Language Learner Resources and English Learners Website
Bacich ELAC Meeting: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
- Free internet and computers
- Summer Camp Information
- Registration for Middle School
- Marin Enrichment