Don't Miss These Announcements
Para español haga clic aquí / Click here for a language translation of newsletter
Flu Prevention and Information
Influenza has come early in Marin County, California and throughout the country. Influenza is a viral infection that affects your respiratory system. Although most people recover, some can become very ill and in rare cases it can lead to death. We are expecting a severe flu season.
- Parent Letter from the Marin County Department of Health in English and in Spanish.
- Flu Prevention and Care Tips in English and Spanish
- For more information about the flu, please visit marinflu.org. To find a flu vaccine at a location near you, visit vaccinefinder.org.
Updated County Health Alert - Coronavirus
- New letter to families from Marin County's Public Health Officer about the Coronavirus available in English and Spanish, includes the most current data and recommendations available as of February 4, 2020.
Parents/Guardians of Sixth Graders – Deadline Approaching February 21
- Tdap Booster vaccine records are required for seventh grade due by February 21st.
- Please read the Kent section for more information.
New Parking Regulations on Acacia Avenue
To make this busy thoroughfare more walker and biker friendly, new parking restrictions will be put into place on the south side of Acacia (Lilac to McAllister) and north side of Acacia (Lilac to Rosebank) from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on school days.
- Download 2019-2020 District Calendar
- Download 2020-2021 District Calendar
- View Online Calendar for Bacich, Kent, and District
Monday, February 10, 2020
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- School Board Meeting, 3:30 p.m., Kent Library
- Meeting begins at 3:30 p.m., budget discussion begins at 5 p.m.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Author Judd Winick visits the Bacich Library
Save The Date
February 17-18, 2020: No school/Presidents' Recess
Friday, February 21, 2020
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Special Board Meeting, 3-6 p.m., District Office
Wednesday February 26, 2020
- Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- 4th Grade Gold Country Parent Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich
- First meeting of the Technology Committee of the Board, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Kent Library
- All interested parents and staff are welcome.
Thursday, February 27, 2020
- 3rd Grade Winter Concert, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Bacich Community Center
Letter to the Community: January 9, 2020
- The School Board provides an update on January-February Finance Committee Meetings, Superintendent Search, Strategic Plan, College of Marin (COM) litigation, and the Bacich Construction Project (Spanish Version)
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
- 2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
Technology Committee of the Board
- February 26, 4:30-5:30, Kent Library
- Come to the first meeting of the School Board's new Technology Committee. All interested parents and staff are welcome.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
- Tuesday, April 14, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Current 4th Graders Attending 5th Grade at Kent: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
Hilo Series Author Judd Winick Visits Bacich Library
- February 13, 2020, 11:15 a.m.
If you would like to order your child one of the books in the Hilo series, please complete this order form and return it to your teacher by Monday, February 10, 2020
**A percentage of all sales will be donated to Bacich**
Bacich Yearbooks on Sale!
The Bacich yearbook is a keepsake that includes individual photos, class photos and collage pages for each grade… plus special pages for Rancho Day, Halloween Day, and other activities.
Order deadline is Monday, March 30, 2020.
- These volunteer roles are school-wide. For classroom-specific opportunities, please contact your lead room parent.
- Monday, March 2, 2020, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
- Summer Camp Scholarship Assistance with PTA
- Class placement advocacy
- Leadership positions available
Find a Carpool – Save Time – Reduce Traffic
Kent families, if you live too far to walk or bike to school, please consider carpooling. Forty-two percent of Kent students arrive daily in a single-family vehicle.
Safe Routes to School and the Kent Eco-Action club have designed a carpool campaign to help link families who would like to carpool. It's easy. Enter your contact information in the link below:
In two weeks, you will get an email from Safe Routes to Schools. It will include a link to a google map indicating the locations of other families who would like to carpool to or from Kent. The map will include parent contact information. Spending a few minutes organizing now may save you time every week for the rest of the school year.
Questions? Please contact Lou Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
6th Grade Families: Tdap Booster Requirement
Your child will need the Tdap booster vaccine to enter the seventh grade in the fall. If your child has not had this vaccine, please make an appointment with your health care provider as soon as possible and bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office. If your child has had this vaccine, please bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office.
- More information on school immunization requirements.
- Records must be received by Friday, February 21, 2020 to register for seventh grade classes.
Laurel Yrun, RN Credentialed School Nurse
5th - 7th Grade Only: Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at email@example.com.
- Please do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers. All transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
Yearbooks are on Sale Now
Be sure to order one of these amazing mementos to cap off your child's year! To order, go here:
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
8th Grade Families
2020-2021 High School Registration Begins Soon
Most families choose to attend their school of residence. Please refer to your high school website for registration/enrollment information.
If you would like to enroll at Tamalpais, Redwood, or Drake High School and this is not your school of residence, please read the information posted on the District website for “Open Enrollment.”
As a first step in the registration process, incoming freshmen may apply now for an Open Enrollment transfer. Please see the application on the district website. The initial deadline for transfer requests is on January 17. After January 17, students will be contacted individually to confirm their school of choice. Once approved, students will be able to register directly with your school of choice.
“Open Enrollment” applies only to students who are TUHSD residents who wish to attend a district high school other than their school of residence. The January transfer request deadline allows entering ninth grade students to register at the group registration days at your school of choice. Although you may register at any time at your school of residence, the final deadline to request an Open Enrollment transfer is June 30 (or until the maximum of 50 spots per site are filled).
If you have read the information posted on the website and have a question, please email email@example.com.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Tamalpais Union High School District
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, March 9, 2020, 8:30-10 a.m, Bacich Room 33
KSPTA Membership Cards Available
- If you would like an official PTA membership card, please request one here.
Become a KSPTA Leader!
Our Nominating Committee is looking for a few good parents or other caregivers who want to help lead events and programs in 2020-2021.
If you want to learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with KSPTA!
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Do you work in the real estate, financial, or medical industry? Yee haw! These businesses make great sponsors for our auction! We have many levels of sponsorship available to businesses or families which help us underwrite our expenses.
You can read more about the opportunities here: Nashville Nights Sponsorship Form
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact email@example.com.
Next Walk & Roll to School Day: Wednesday, February 12, 2020
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Galileo Innovation Camp: Enrollment Now Open
Summer Camps available June 22-August 7, 2020
Galileo Camps use engaging hands-on projects to teach design-thinking and problem-solving skills in a fun environment kids love. Energetic, inclusive staff and proven curriculum make for a memorable summer kids will cherish.
Camp Galileo is introducing a new age group at Kent: 5th-6th graders as Meteors join Pre-K: Nebulas, 1st-2nd: Stars, 3rd-4th: Supernovas
Early Bird Special! Enroll by March 2, 2020 for the best rates of 2020 and save $20/week. Convenient extended care and lunch also available.
Learn more: www.galileo-camps.com or 800-854-3684.
Co-ed Spring Break and Summer Camps
- April 6 – 10, 2020, Tamalpais High School
- July 27 – 31, 2020, Redwood High School
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Thursday, March 15, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
All workshops are 6-7:30 p.m. at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Car Raffle Benefits Special Education
Parent volunteer group Dedication to Special Education is raffling off a 2020 Prius to benefit special education programs in all public schools in Marin County! Odds are approximately 1 in 3,000 and tickets are only $20!
Tickets will be sold at The Village at Corte Madera on weekends during December and at various locations throughout Marin in January leading up to the drawing on February 9, 2020.
Monday, February 10, 2020, 6 p.m.
Marin Community Office of Education
Join us to discuss methods to keep our youth safe from trafficking and exploitation, something happening in our own backyard, as well as how to navigate their ever-increasing digital world.
Deepa Patel, Co-Founder of Trauma and Hope, will present and answer questions from our parent community starting at 6:30 p.m.
Help us build awareness and keep our youth safe from trafficking and exploitation.
The event is free and light dinner is provided at 6 p.m.
Questions? Feel free to contact Marlene Capra at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROTECT Liaison of Marin
Soroptimist of Marin
Marin Coalition to End Human Trafficking
2020 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
Free informative education series that examine important issues facing today's families. Presentations by noted Bay Area experts will offer tools and strategies to empower you to help raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
March 3, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Battling Adolescent Substance Addiction: Learn the Signs and Know What to Do.
March 24, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Helping When Your Child Is Hurting: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Prevent Adolescent Self-Harm and Suicide.
March 31, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Slaying the Beast: A Practical Guide for Parents on the Dangers of Technology Overuse and Obsession
- For more information or to register visit www.cipmarin.orgor call (415) 459-5999 xlOl
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
Last chance to register! Sign-up deadline is Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Trip is April 4-9, 2020.
Last parent meeting: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 6-7 p.m., Kent Room 30
- Only parents of registered students need attend.
Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at email@example.com.