Don't Miss These Announcements
School leaders are in close contact with the County Department of Health and Human Services to obtain the most current guidance related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Download 2019-2020 District Calendar
- Download 2020-2021 District Calendar
- View Online Calendar for Bacich, Kent, and District
Friday, March 13, 2020
- Bacich Lost and Found items will be donated
- 7th/8th Grade Dance - postponed - new date to be announced
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Bacich Pennies for Patients collection boxes due
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- KSPTA Community Education: Child Disrupted Film and Panel Discussion, 7-8:30 p.m., Bacich Library
- Spanish translation is available
Friday, March 20, 2020
- 5th and 6th Grade Games Night hosted by KSPTA - postponed - new date to be announced
Save the Date
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Kent - Friday Schedule
Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Kent Open House, 6-7:30 p.m.
Friday, Mar 27, 2020
- Kent - Wednesday Schedule
Monday March 30, 2020
- Bacich Yearbook order deadline.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- 5th Grade Revolutionary Women, Kent MP Room
Thursday, April 2, 2020
- 5th Grade Colonial Day
- Bacich Open House, 6-7:30 p.m.
April 6-10, 2020: Spring Break
Strategic Plan – Board approved February 11, 2020
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
- 2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
- Tuesday, April 14, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 5-6 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Bacich ELAC Meeting: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
Save The Date: Reclassification Ceremony, May 28, 2020, 6 p.m.
We will be celebrating our English Learning families in a Reclassification Ceremony. The ceremony will celebrate the amazing ability to use two languages and will highlight the students who have recently been reclassified as English Proficient. The ceremony will take place in the Bacich Community Center and will begin at 6:00 p.m. with a potluck dinner following the ceremony.
Bacich Lost and Found items will be donated Friday, March 13, 2020.
- Please check the bins near the office for your child's lost items.
Current 4th Graders Attending 5th Grade at Kent: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
Bacich Pennies for Patients
Please fill the collection boxes that went home in Friday folders and bring them back before March 18th. Your change can help find a cure for blood cancers.
Bacich Yearbooks on Sale!
The Bacich yearbook is a keepsake that includes individual photos, class photos and collage pages for each grade… plus special pages for Rancho Day, Halloween Day, and other activities.
Order deadline is Monday, March 30, 2020.
7th and 8th Grade Dance: Friday, March 13, 7-9 p.m. - cancelled.
Safe Routes to School and the Kent Eco-Action club have designed a carpool campaign to help link families who would like to carpool.
- Questions? Please contact Lou Goodwin at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
Yearbooks are on Sale Now
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
Kent Community Service
On this sign-up link, you will find all Kent volunteer opportunities. Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
If you would like to volunteer to assist Jeff DeBoi and the students in the Kent Garden Club and weed or plant this spring, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The club meets on Fridays at lunch.
Wednesday Pizza Server Volunteers Needed
We could use some helping hands with serving pizza after school on Wednesday, April 1st to raise money for our 8th grade graduation!
- Please signup here if you are able to help. We would greatly appreciate it:
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, April 13, 2020, 8:30-10 a.m, Kent Room 12
Support our schools through summer camp!
For every family that enrolls between now and April 12, Galileo will donate $25 to KSPTA. Plus, new families receive $50 off of their kid's summer camp!
Visit galileo-camps.com/promotions/school-rewards/ and use code 2020SchoolRewards at checkout!
Save 20% Sports Basement
Shop at Sports Basement during March 21-29, 2020, mention
Kentfield School District and save 20%.
Use code: 2050009240554 for online purchases.
Parent volunteers are needed to help staff the Bacich garden during lunch recess. These volunteers would work alongside a Bacich paraprofessional. Many children loved having this alternative play space last year, but there aren’t enough staff available to cover the garden right now, without our help.
Two parents are needed for each shift, and shifts are from 12:30-1:30 on Tuesdays (1st and 3rd grades) and Thursdays (2nd and 4th grades).
Community Education: Child Disrupted
Documentary Screening & Panel Discussion with Director Krista Riihimaki and Psychotherapist Karen Hamilton.
In Child, Disrupted, Krista interviewed experts from the fields of neuroscience, psychology, occupational therapy, sociology, and addiction, to reveal the truth behind her worries about screen time and child development. The film elucidates how time spent using technology specifically impacts children’s behaviors, and offers insight into how guardians can curb its influence while equipping children to develop healthy relationships with technology.
- Thursday, March 19, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m., Bacich Library
- Refreshments provided courtesy of Wait Until 8th
- Spanish translation is available
5th and 6th Grade Games Night - postponed
The event originally scheduled on Friday, March 20, 2020 has been postponed. A new date will be announced later.
KSPTA Membership Cards Available
- If you would like an official PTA membership card, please request one here.
Connect with KSPTA!
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Can you help with a donation for our auction? We are looking for rounds of golf, vacation homes, tickets to sporting events, talk shows, concerts and more. We also welcome donations of gift certificates to retailers like Whole Foods, Apple, Target, or any of the amazing local businesses that support kik.
You can read more about sponsorship opportunities here: Nashville Nights Sponsorship Form
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact email@example.com.
Walk & Roll to School Day on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 has been cancelled. Students may still walk and roll to school, but we will not provide the regular morning treat and coffee table.
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Kentfield Arts Festival
Would you like to see a gathering this spring to celebrate music and the arts in Kentfield? Would you like to contribute to planning a festival-style celebration of our students and community members for their creative expression? If you'd like to have a hand in planning this exciting and community-focused gathering in May please email Ina Gotlieb at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and to get involved!
Environmental Impact Report Meetings
The College of Marin is conducting a series of meetings for the Learning Resources Center Facilities Master Plan Program Environmental Impact Report.
Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 6-7:30 p.m.
COM Kentfield Campus, LRC LC 160, 835 College Ave.
If you can’t make this meeting please check the schedule on the website below for the location and dates for future EIR meetings and how to add your name to the notification mailing list.
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Thursday, March 19, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
All workshops are 6-7:30 p.m. at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
2020 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
Free informative education series that examine important issues facing today's families. Presentations by noted Bay Area experts will offer tools and strategies to empower you to help raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
March 24, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Helping When Your Child Is Hurting: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Prevent Adolescent Self-Harm and Suicide.
March 31, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Slaying the Beast: A Practical Guide for Parents on the Dangers of Technology Overuse and Obsession
- For more information or to register visit www.cipmarin.orgor call (415) 459-5999 xlOl
Pixie Park Spring Fair
Sunday, April 19, 2020, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Marin Art and Garden Center, 30 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Ross
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
Last parent meeting: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 6-7 p.m., Kent Room 30
- Only parents of registered students need attend.
Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at email@example.com