Kentfield School District News
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Special Board meeting, 5-6 p.m.
Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Safety Committee meeting, 10-11 a.m., agenda
- Community Office Hours with Superintendent Raquel Rose, Bacich Principal Mary Ann Spitzer, Principal Grant Althouse, 4-5 p.m., Zoom
Monday, September 28, 2020
- Yom Kippur Holiday – No School
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
- School Lunch pick up, 12-1:30 p.m. at Kent
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Monday, October 5, 2020
- KSPTA meeting, 7-8 p.m. Zoom. All are welcome to attend.
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Zoom
- District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 6-7 p.m., Zoom
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- School Board meeting, 5 p.m., Zoom. All are welcome to attend.
Friday, October 16, 2020
- Staff Professional Development Day – No School
Don't Miss These Announcements
Virtual Crossing Guard
Are your mornings missing some pizzazz? Are you feeling blue because you can no longer walk to school? If so, have we got the thing for you!
Every school day morning from 7:55 to 8:30 a.m. students can have a quick drop-in virtual crosswalk crossing with Ms. Stephens.
The Zoom link is available from any Bacich teacher or admin.
Tech Tip for Families
If your student's printed Clever badge is lost or damaged, you can download and print a new one yourself.
Please follow these instructions to get back up and running with Clever: How to Print a New Clever Badge
Discover solutions and tips for technical issues. Submit a technical help request.
District Committee Solicitation
Kentfield School District maintains a variety of district wide committees, which include Communications, Equity, Finance, Safety, Technology, and Wellness. As we prepare to launch and/or reconvene our committees we welcome stakeholder participation to support diversified perspectives and interests.
- If you would like to participate in any of our committees for the 2020-2021 school year please complete this form by September 30, 2020.
Check Out Books with the Bacich Library
We will start checking out books to students and families starting the week of September 28th. Please email me the titles you want. I will check them out to you and place them in plastic bags with your names on them on a cart. They will be available for pickup every Friday curbside in front of the office. See the library blog for instructions on how to access the Alexandria Library Catalog (to look for books). You can also return books every Friday as well. There will be a plastic bin labeled, "Return Bacich Library Books Here" in front of the office for your convenience. That way I can keep the books in the bin for the weekend and check them in during the week for safety purposes.
Thank you for your patience!
Please continue to capture candid (not-posed) moments of your student of anything that happens in your home that connects back to our school (whether virtually or in-person), no matter how “boring” you think it might be!
- Photos can be submitted to email@example.com. Please follow the instructions below when sending your photos.
- The images must be .jpg, .png, or .tif files and must be at least 300ppi resolution.
- Please provide the following information with each image:
- FIRST NAME and LAST NAME for the main student featured in the image (or the left-most person).
- Grade of student(s) in photo.
- Additional names separated by commas.
We'll do our best to include as many as possible. Thank you in advance!
Kent Library News
2020-2021 All School Read: This Promise of Change: One Girl's Story in the Fight for School Equality by JoAnn Allen Boyce and Debbie Levy.
Purchase from Book Passage using this link. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase will go back to Kent to help put books in the hands of our students!
Book Drive: Our book drive at Kent will remain in full swing until we are all able to return to campus. Please drop your new or gently used books for grades 5-8 in front of the mural at the Kent entrance.
Project LIT Book Club: Our first book of the year is the Young Readers edition of Trevor Noah's memoir Born a Crime. We will meet at the end of September, and all grades are welcome. If your child would like to read the book, have them email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will arrange to get a copy to him or her!
DONATE ONLINE NOW
For Installments or Matching Gifts, Print Donor Form in English and Spanish
TUES. 9/22 – KIK FAMILY MEALS WITH LEFT BANK, 20% BACK TO KIK
Every Tuesday Left Bank will create a special family dinner for 4 for $50 and donate 20% back to KIK. Order early before it sells out!
- Sept 22: Chicken or Vegetarian Paella with a Mixed Green Salad, French Fries and Broccoli
- Sept 29: Chicken and Carnitas tacos with sides
- Oct 6: BBQ Ribs with sides
This week please call in your order 415-927-3331. Additionally, you can add on other menu items from the restaurant, including wine and beer.
Please follow our social media pages for reminders and updates on menus:
FAMILY FUN DAY: KIK IT YOUR WAY!
OCTOBER 9, 10, 11
Let’s “KIK” off the Bacich and Kent school year with some Family Fun your way: Submit a photo of how your family is “KIK-ing” it together the weekend of October 9-11—officially KIK Family Fun Days!
Building a birdhouse? Baking a cake? Tackling Mt. Tam? Simply take a pic and share it! You can share it by emailing images to email@example.com.
This is a FREE event and ALL entries will be entered into a drawing to win one of (5) available KIK Family Meals from Left Bank or one of (5) Mag’s Local Yogurt $20 Gift Cards!
FAMILY GIVING : LET’S KIK THIS TOGETHER!
Family Giving donations help support a large number of educational programs, safety and wellness plans, as well as enrichment programs at Bacich and Kent. It contributes the largest portion of the $1M Annual Commitment to our schools.
Learn how KIK is Committed to Kids.
FAMILY GIVING Fundraising Status : $138,000 / $1M GOAL
THANK YOU, FAMILY GIVING DONORS
Together, we are investing in over 1100 Bacich and Kent students and ensuring they receive a top quality education for the 2020-21 school year. Our community is grateful for your commitment and generous support.
FUND-A-NEED COMMUNITY GRANTS
KIK is the funding arm of the 2020-21 Fund-a-Need program and has partnered with the Kentfield Schools PTA (KSPTA) to administer these grants, which help support our school community.
Thank you Fund-a-Need Donors!
See a list of Round 1 awarded grants.
Round 2 Grants are due October 1. Download application.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, October 5, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Kentfield families and members will receive the Zoom link and password. If you do not receive the link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New School Lunch Program with School Foodies
Order online, pick up at Kent for the week. Choose which weeks you order, and order for the whole family!
- Sign up at schoolfoodies.com, registration code “bacich” or “kent”
- Find out more
- School Foodies pick up time: Mondays, 12-1:30 p.m. at Kent, except for when Monday is a holiday.*
*Monday, September 28th is a holiday, so lunch pick up will be on Tuesday, September 29 from 12-1:30 p.m. at Kent
Join Kentfield Schools PTA!
100% of membership dues fund school activities and programs such as P.E. equipment, library books, and more
- Access parent education workshops and resources.
- Discounts at Urban Sitter, Academy of Sciences, and Legoland to name a few.
- Everyone is welcome to join—multiple family members, grandparents. and caregivers.
- Learn more about KSPTA benefits and opportunities.
While the Corte Madera Library building is currently closed, you may request and return items, and find details about Curbside Service at marinlibrary.org.
- Tuesday & Wednesday 11:00-3:00
- Thursday 3:00-7:00
Call our “Talk with a Librarian” number: 415-473-2272 Monday-Friday, 9-6 p.m. English and Spanish with any questions and information.
When shopping in-person or online at Book Passage, please remember to mention your school – a portion of every purchase goes directly to our schools!
- For online shopping, enter your school name in the comments field.
This free helpline provides free trauma-informed, evidenced-based emotional support to parents, children and youth in any language via calls, text, live chat, and email.
- Available 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Parents can join a Weekly Online Support Group through the website: caparentyouthhelpline.org.
- Helpline #: 855-427-2736
- When using the crosswalk on College Avenue, please remember to activate the flashing signals. It is the only way the large construction vehicles exiting the driveway know that there are pedestrians in the crosswalk.