Kentfield School District News
Dear Kentfield School Community,
I invite you to attend the next regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 beginning at 5 p.m. As a reference, here is a link to the agenda. The meeting will address items including, but not limited to:
- Educational Showcase highlighting collaboration between 8th grade English and the Kent Library
- General District Wide Updates
- Return to School and COVID-19 Updates
- Emergency Preparedness
- Facilities–Deferred Maintenance Projects
The Board of Trustees will participate in the meeting in-person at the Kent Middle School library. In order to not have a large congregation of the public, we are inviting attendees to join the meeting via Zoom Webinar. If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com.
Take good care,
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
Monday, November 9, 2020
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
November 11, 2020
- Deadline to sign-up for COVID-19 Testing
- Veteran’s Holiday – No School
- KSPTA Book Fair –view online catalog
Thursday, November 12, 2020
- School-based Instruction begins
- KIK Board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m., Zoom
Monday, November 16, 2020
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- COVID-19 Testing, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Bacich
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
- Trimester 1 ends
November 25-27, 2020: Thanksgiving Holiday
COVID-19 Testing at Bacich School – November 18
The Kentfield School Districts is hosting COVID-19 Testing at Bacich School on Wednesday, November 18th from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This opportunity is open and optional to the community. As a member of the Kentfield-Greenbrae community you are invited to to sign up for this local COVID-19 option.
Please review the Testing Paperwork and sign up via the Testing Scheduler.
Book Donation to support Virtual Author’s Visit
Would you like to help spread the message of acceptance? Bacich students will have the opportunity to attend a school wide webinar on Dec. 3, 2020 with the author Michael Tyler. Students will create bookmarks to be delivered along with the donated books to underfunded schools in our community and the Bay Area. Please consider donating a copy of Michael Tyler’s picture book: The Skin You Live In
- Drop off your book donation at the Bacich office by Dec. 2, 2020.
- Learn more about the project.
Thank you for your help and support!
The Bacich Social Justice Team
Save the Date!
Kentfield School District Budget 101
- December 16, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. via Zoom Webinar–link will be forthcoming.
School Board & District Committees
- Letter to the Community, November 9, 2020: Hybrid Instruction transition, negotiation next steps, COVID-19 data, and upcoming Board meeting.
- Board Meeting Highlights: October 13, 2020
- Board Meeting Video Archive
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: November 10, 2020, 5 p.m., Zoom, agenda
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
- Next Meeting: Monday, November 16, 2020, 10-11 a.m
Bacich Library Check Out and Curbside Pick Up
- Please email the titles you want to check out to Librarian Ms. Warnick (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Curbside pick up available every Friday in front of the Bacich Office.
- The books will be placed in plastic bags with your names on them on a cart.
- See the library blog for instructions on how to access the Alexandria Library Catalog to look for books.
- Please return books on Friday in the red plastic bin labeled, "Return Bacich Library Books Here" in front of the office.
Photos can be submitted to email@example.com. Please follow the instructions below when sending your photos.
- The images must be .jpg, .png, or .tif files and must be at least 300ppi resolution.
- Please provide the following information with each image:
- FIRST NAME and LAST NAME for the main student featured in the image (or the left-most person).
- Grade of student(s) in photo.
- Additional names separated by commas.
Kent Counselors Wellness Hub: Easily access resources to help navigate this challenging time. The Counselors at Kent Middle School are here for you!
Kent Library Curbside Book Pick Up and Book Bags
- Students may email the titles of books that they would like to read to Librarian Ms. Jelen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The book will left on a cart in front of the gate for them to pick up.
- Book bags available for every grade level to pick up and enjoy.
- You will find these bags in boxes marked by grade level in front of the Kent office.
- Feel free to read, keep, or pass on your books OR donate them right back to the book drive for another life!
- Please drop book donations off by the mural near the parking lot.
SAT 11/14 - PIZZERIA DELFINA — DINE + DONATE 10% TO KIK
We're happy to partner with SF2BAY + Pizzeria Delfina for our newest KIK Dine and Donate. A donation of 10% of all sales with code KIKPIZZA will go to Bacich and Kent! How it works:
- check out Pizzeria Delfina's delicious menu of par-baked pizzas, make at home pizza kits, salads and more.
- Pre-order NOW for pick up on Saturday, November 14th from 10-11:30am at their Pop Up in Mill Valley. **Orders close Wednesday, November 11.**
- Be sure to stock your freezer with sauces, meatballs, lasagna, and more for those nights you just don't feel like cooking! Order yours today, choose November 14th pick up and please don't forget the code: KIKPIZZA
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
TUES 11/10 - KIK FAMILY MEALS WITH LEFT BANK, 20% TO KIK
Every Tuesday Left Bank will create a special family dinner for $50 and donate 20% back to KIK. Order early before it sells out!
- Nov 10: Chicken or vegetarian paella with a green salad, steamed broccoli, mac & cheese
- Nov 17: BBQ chicken with mashed potatoes, salad verte, mac & cheese
Order online and select “KIK Family Meal”. Thank you!
The menu for November is posted on our website.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARIN COUNTRY MART SERVES UP FRESH CHOICES
Eat fresh with locally-grown produce at Marin Country Mart’s Farmers’ Market featuring organic farmers, fresh seafood, produce, artisanal cheeses and baked goods, food trucks and live music. Saturday mornings, rain or shine, 9a - 2p.
Make time for wellness — now more than ever, find restoration with some self-care by booking a facial, massage or one of many rejuvenating treatments at International Orange. With the holidays around the corner, give the gift of wellness with an IO gift card.
The holidays have arrived at Rustic Bakery! Bring home some handmade favorites from Rustic Bakery this Thanksgiving. Holiday menu pickup available at all four Rustic Bakery Cafés.
Find more KIK business partners in the KIK Business Partners Directory.
Thank you for supporting local businesses that support our kids!
SchoolsRule-Marin is a coalition that raises funds for all public school students in Marin, and our Bacich and Kent kids are beneficiaries.
Through the SchoolsRule Marin partnership, KIK has been able to help fund Covid-19 safety-related equipment and support above and beyond what has already been provided by the state, county and district.
With SchoolsRule, KIK is helping to fund HEPA Air Purifiers for every classroom at Bacich and Kent. Thank you, SchoolsRule Marin!
ANNUAL COMMITMENT REPORT
KIK raises dollars toward the $1M Annual Commitment to help fund our Bacich and Kent schools. Various fundraising initiatives combine to fill this commitment to our students and schools including Family Giving, Spring Auction Event, and Partners for Education.
ANNUAL COMMITMENT Fundraising Status : $275,455 / $1M GOAL
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, December 7, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Kentfield families and members will receive the Zoom link and password. If you do not receive the link, please contact email@example.com.
Last Chance! The Book Fair ends this Wednesday, Nov. 11th!
Now through Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Visit www.booksinc.net to shop, and use code KENTFIELD2020 at checkout to support our schools!
- View Flyer
- View Catalogue
Our book fair features a curated catalogue as a shopping guide and a unique coupon code to use on the Books Inc website. Please share this coupon code with friends, neighbors and family members as a portion of sales will go to our school district for any purchase made using the code: KENTFIELD2020. Get a head start on your holiday shopping and help raise money for our schools!
Kentfield Coupon Code: KENTFIELD2020
**NOTE: Code is only valid November 2-11, 2020**
Parent Education: Parenting in the Pandemic
Best selling author of How to Talk So Kids Will Listen, Julie King,
- For parents of Bacich aged kids: December 3, 2020, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- For parents of Kent aged kids: December 10, 2020, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Zoom link to come via ParentSquare.
- Click here for more info!
Good news — existing Good Eggs customers can now help us meet our fundraising goals!
For the month of November, every order placed by a customer with the code bacichelemtday will earn us $5. (That's on top of the $25 we'll earn when new customers use the code bachichelem at check out).
- Note: there is no $ off for existing customers, but we still appreciate you using our code to give us money back!
So if you already love Good Eggs and their absurdly fresh groceries, now's the perfect time to snag your holiday groceries. Their Thanksgiving pre-order starts November 4th and their culinary team is cooking up all sorts of seasonal surprises, kits, and prepared foods to enjoy with your family (or your bubble). You can use the code bacichelemtday on every order you place during the month; just remember to add it on the check-out page.
Fine print: The code will expire at the end of November – so get your orders in this month! Good Eggs is also unable to retroactively add the code to your orders. Promo codes cannot be combined.
KSPTA is proud to support Be The Influence!
To get up to speed and be in-the-know about adolescent substance use in Marin, consider joining Be the Influence (BTI), a parent education and support program on adolescent substance use in Marin. It started at Redwood High School and now has spread to all public and independent middle and high schools in Marin.
Check out their website and consider joining other Kentfield parents to be in-the-know and get effective parenting tips. You can make an optional BTI Parent Agreement or simply sign up to receive their bi-monthly newsletters Here is their October newsletter with the latest information on vaping and a November virtual parent education event. You may also follow BTI on Facebook. It’s never too early to get educated and start talking with your child about this important topic!
Help our schools get ready for in-person learning when the time comes!
As our district strives to bring more students back on campus, there will likely be tasks that parent volunteers can help complete. If you are willing to help out, please fill out the volunteer form (English and Spanish), and you will be put on a list that the school staff will tap for jobs as they come up. The majority of to-do's will be done at home on the volunteer's own schedule, but there may be some opportunities to help on campus at designated times.
Thank you in advance for raising your hand to help get our students back to school!
New School Lunch Program with School Foodies
Making Worriers into Warriors: Helping Your Child Conquer Fear in Uncertain Times: A presentation with Dr. Dan Peters, sponsored by North Bridge Academy. Speaker Dr. Dan Peters is a psychologist, author, co-founder and executive director of the Summit Center.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 from 6:30-8 p.m., Zoom
Traffic Alert: Intersection Closure of Manor Road at Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
Starting on Wednesday, November 11th at 8:00 a.m., the Upgrade the Drake contractor will be closing the intersection of Manor Road at Sir Francis Drake Boulevard for paving. The paving work will be complete, and the intersection reopened later in the day at 5:00 p.m.
Motorists may use the detour established on Los Cerros Drive and La Cuesta Drive while the Manor Road / Sir Francis Drake Boulevard intersection is closed.
The construction team thanks you for your patience and for driving cautiously through the construction area.
Fire Season and Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority Update
Join Katie Rice, Mark Brown, Executive Officer of the Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority (MWPA), and former Deputy Fire Chief Marin County Fire, for an update on fire season 2020 as well as an update on the work of MWPA, including the mission/goals, the projects/programs throughout the County and importantly the local projects planned in the Ross Valley.
- When using the crosswalk on College Avenue, please remember to activate the flashing signals. It is the only way the large construction vehicles exiting the driveway know that there are pedestrians in the crosswalk.
While the Corte Madera Library building is currently closed, you may request and return items, and find details about Curbside Service at marinlibrary.org.
- Tuesday & Wednesday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Thursday 3-7 p.m.
Call our “Talk with a Librarian” number: 415-473-2272 Monday-Friday, 9-6 p.m. English and Spanish with any questions and information.
Book Bundles for Emerging Readers
We know many families are missing the ability to browse library shelves, so we’ve created a way to get some "surprise" books to you based on your child’s interests.
Each Book Bundle includes 10 books and you can choose the reading level that is right for your child. Get up to 3 bundles per family!
How to Request Book Bundles
- To request Book Bundles, please fill out this form , or call 415-473-2272, Monday-Friday, 9-6 p.m.
- Please allow 3-4 days for your request to be filled. You will be contacted by the branch when your order is ready for curbside pickup.
- Find out more: marinlibrary.org/book-bundles-for-kids
In case you have families or students asking about downloadable audio books, here is a short video tutorial that demonstrates how to use the Libby app to browse our online catalog and download titles. youtu.be/E0E_FPMl4m8
This free helpline provides free trauma-informed, evidenced-based emotional support to parents, children and youth in any language via calls, text, live chat, and email.
- Available 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Parents can join a Weekly Online Support Group through the website: caparentyouthhelpline.org.
- Helpline #: 855-427-2736
When shopping in-person or online at Book Passage, please remember to mention your school – a portion of every purchase goes directly to our schools!
- For online shopping, enter your school name in the comments field.