Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, December 7, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Kentfield families and members will receive the Zoom link and password. If you do not receive the link, please contact email@example.com.
Parent Education: Parenting in the Pandemic
Could you use some fresh ideas for surviving the new demands of parenting during a pandemic?
Is there more whining, crying, fighting or defiance in your home (yours or your child’s)?
The KSPTA is happy to offer a FREE on-line event with Julie King, the acclaimed author of How To Talk So Kids Will Listen. Please join us and Julie King http://julieking.org for a talk about Parenting in A Pandemic.
In this one-hour online presentation, Julie King shares useful guidance and tools for parents who are doing their best to cope with the effects of the pandemic on home life. Her presentation is interactive, and includes topics such as:
- Children under stress: understanding typical behavior, and how to support children with shelter-in-place
- How to engage children's cooperation
- How to reduce the fighting
- Strategies for dealing with all the screen time!
- Time at the end is reserved for Q&A.
- Spanish Interpretation will be available.
- Click here for more info!
- For parents of Bacich aged kids: December 3, 2020, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- For parents of Kent aged kids: December 15, 2020, 8:15-9:15 p.m.
Good news — existing Good Eggs customers can now help us meet our fundraising goals!
For the month of November, every order placed by a customer with the code bacichelemtday will earn us $5. (That's on top of the $25 we'll earn when new customers use the code bachichelem at check out).
- Note: there is no $ off for existing customers, but we still appreciate you using our code to give us money back!
So if you already love Good Eggs and their absurdly fresh groceries, now's the perfect time to snag your holiday groceries. Their Thanksgiving pre-order starts November 4th and their culinary team is cooking up all sorts of seasonal surprises, kits, and prepared foods to enjoy with your family (or your bubble). You can use the code bacichelemtday on every order you place during the month; just remember to add it on the check-out page.
Fine print: The code will expire at the end of November – so get your orders in this month! Good Eggs is also unable to retroactively add the code to your orders. Promo codes cannot be combined.
KSPTA is proud to support Be The Influence!
To get up to speed about adolescent substance use in Marin, consider joining Be the Influence (BTI). Be the Influence (BTI) is a parent education and support program on adolescent substance use in Marin. It started at Redwood High School and now has spread to all public and independent middle and high schools in Marin.
Check out their website and consider joining other Kent parents to be in-the-know and get effective parenting tips.
Here is their November newsletter that discusses Alcohol, Covid and the Holidays as well as a December 2nd virtual parent education event titled “Let’s Talk: Parenting to Support Your Teen (to register, click here).
You may also follow BTI on Facebook. It’s never too early to get educated and start talking with your child about this important topic!