Kentfield School District News
Dear Kentfield School District Community,
Today our school sites returned to Hybrid Instruction and welcomed our students back to campus. At Bacich we served 208 students, while at Kent we had 147 students on site. Children were excited to be at school and they were welcomed with absolute joy!
As many may be aware, on Friday, Marin Public Health issued a press release about the new Bay Area Stay-at-Home Order, which will go into effect in Marin on Tuesday, December 8th at noon. This action was done collectively among our Bay Area counties to proactively address the possibility of a State Regional Order that was shared by our Governor on December 3rd. This new local Stay-at-Home Order does not modify existing state or local guidance regarding TK-12 schools, which permits our school district to continue to offer in-classroom instruction. Guidance from local and state public health continues to guide and inform our school operations in the time of COVID-19.
Tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m., Marin Public Health Officer, Dr. Matt Willis, and Deputy Public Health Officer, Dr. Lisa Santora, will host a Community Conversation related to COVID-19 in Marin County and the recent information about the Stay-at-Home Orders in our county and state. Please see the attached flyer to submit your questions before the webinar. If you are unable to join, it will be recorded and posted to our KSD website. I hope that you will watch this webinar to learn more about how the Stay-at-Home Order affects our schools and community.
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
Monday, December 7, 2020
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- School Board meeting, 5 p.m., public access via Zoom
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
- KIK Board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m., Zoom
Friday, December 11, 2020
- Deadline for 8th Grade Private School Applications
- Please email Lisa Sandberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Monday, December 14, 2020
- Bacich Site Council meeting, 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
- Family Partners (formerly Parent Partners) meeting, 4-5 p.m.
- Equity & Inclusion Committee meeting, 6-7 p.m.
- KSPTA Parent Ed: Parent Education: Parenting in the Pandemic for Kent Families, 8:15-9:15 p.m.
- Click here for more information.
- Spanish Interpretation will be available.
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Budget 101 meeting, 7-8 p.m., Zoom Webinar–link will be forthcoming.
Friday, December 18, 2020
- Bacich and Kent, noon release
Winter Break: December 22-Jan 1, 2021
COVID-19 Testing Opportunities
Marin County COVID-19 Testing
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
Save the Date!
Kentfield School District Budget 101
- December 16, 2020 at 7-8 p.m. via Zoom Webinar–link will be forthcoming.
School Board & District Committees
- Board Meeting Highlights: November 10, 2020
- Board Meeting Video Archive
- Board Statements and Community Letters
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 5 p.m., Zoom
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
Equity Committee meeting, December 15, 6-7 p.m.
Safe Routes to School
Alert – Closure Notice
The Laurel Grove crosswalk across SFD will be closed on Thursday, December the 10th. Pedestrians from Laurel Grove will be directed on the North side of SFD to the pedestrian bridge at Wolfe Grade during the closure on Thursday. Note that sidewalks will be open. The Laurel Grove crosswalk will be open for use on Friday.
Chalk and Walk is coming to Bacich Elementary School!
We are turning public sidewalks and pathways into a fun-filled, colorful adventure using Simon Says and safety reminders for walkers and rollers. Kids who hop, skip, and smile will get their wiggles out before sitting in a structured classroom.
Bundle up and enjoy the brisk autumn air while forming fun memories along the Chalk 'N Walk route. Every step helps our kids and our Earth too!