Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, January 25, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Kentfield families and members will receive the Zoom link and password. If you do not receive the link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Education: Parenting in the Pandemic
Could you use some fresh ideas for surviving the new demands of parenting during a pandemic?
Is there more whining, crying, fighting or defiance in your home (yours or your child’s)?
The KSPTA is happy to offer a FREE on-line event with Julie King, the acclaimed author of How To Talk So Kids Will Listen. Please join us and Julie King http://julieking.org for a talk about Parenting in A Pandemic.
In this one-hour online presentation, Julie King shares useful guidance and tools for parents who are doing their best to cope with the effects of the pandemic on home life. Her presentation is interactive, and includes topics such as:
- Children under stress: understanding typical behavior, and how to support children with shelter-in-place
- How to engage children's cooperation
- How to reduce the fighting
- Strategies for dealing with all the screen time!
- Time at the end is reserved for Q&A.
- Spanish Interpretation will be available.
- Click here for more info!
- For parents of Kent aged kids: December 15, 2020, 8:15-9:15 p.m.
- Zoom will be close captioned in English and then translated into Spanish and streamed live here: bit.ly/ParentingDuringThePandemic
Start setting aside your gently used children's items for the KSD Kids Closet, launching early next year. We will collect donations of new and used clothing in excellent condition to create a closet for KSD families in need of children's clothing.
Details coming in early 2021, stay tuned!
Join the Nominating Committee
KSPTA is an all-volunteer organization, and we’re always looking for new voices and leaders in our community. Our Nominating Committee works to identify and recruit leaders for roles ranging from the Executive Board to Bacich Halloween Parade coordinator. “Nom Com” meets (virtually this year) in February or March at least once, usually twice. If you are interested in serving on this committee or becoming a leader in your KSPTA, please email email@example.com.
KSPTA is proud to support Be The Influence!
To get up to speed about adolescent substance use in Marin, consider joining Be the Influence (BTI). Be the Influence (BTI) is a parent education and support program on adolescent substance use in Marin. It started at Redwood High School and now has spread to all public and independent middle and high schools in Marin.
Check out their website and consider joining other Kent parents to be in-the-know and get effective parenting tips.
You may also follow BTI on Facebook. It’s never too early to get educated and start talking with your child about this important topic!