Kentfield School District News
Para español haga clic aquí / Click here for a language translation of newsletter
Dear Kentfield School District Community,
Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed some rest and relaxation over these last two weeks and are looking forward to a brighter 2021. This past year challenged us in ways we couldn’t have imagined, but through perseverance we made it. As we begin this new year, I am looking forward to a year full of hope, joy and new opportunities!
In February of 2020 the Kentfield School District (KSD) adopted a new strategic plan that defined KSD as a school district which:
- offers a rich, high-quality education that is physically and emotionally safe;
- values social emotional learning and character development alongside academics;
- inspires students to pursue their passion through student-centered, inquiry based and innovative instructional practices; and
- is welcoming, inclusive, well-maintained and conducive to optimal student learning
In a school year with so much uncertainty – let’s use this description of who we are to help inspire our path forward. This week’s principal letters (Bacich and Kent) offer further insight as to how staff are using student performance data to analyze and adjust instruction in order to enhance student learning and keep our focus on creating a robust and high-quality program we are committed to offering.
Last week Governor Newsom provided additional direction for school operations through his unveiling of California’s Safe Schools for All Plan, and today Marin Public Health leaders shared current transmission data in our community as a whole and in our school system. Through using these resources and focusing on the science behind this continuous evolving health pandemic, I am confident that we can continue to mold our educational program to support the academic and social emotional progression of our students.
For this second half of the school year let’s come together to think boldly, focus on our common goal of what’s best for students and overcome the various obstacles set before us. Let’s move into 2021 as a unified community focused on creating a better tomorrow for our students.
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
January 4-8, 2021: Distance learning for all learners
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing at Bacich and Kent – must be pre-registered to participate, see below for other Marin County COVID-19 testing options.
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 6-7 p.m.
January 11-15, 2021: Resume Hybrid Learning – Cohort A in-person
Monday, January 11, 2021
- Safety Committee meeting, 10-11 a.m.
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- KIK board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m.
January 18-22, 2021: Resume Hybrid Learning – Cohort B in-person
Budget 101 Presentation – Part 1 Recording, December 16, 2020
- Marin Public Health provided an update from Dr. Willis and Dr. Santora.
COVID-19 Testing Opportunities
COVID-19 Testing at Bacich and Kent - January 5, 2020
The KSD is hosting local COVID-19 testing at both school sites for all staff as well as members of our school community. The deadline to sign-up was Thursday, December 31st. We strongly encourage everyone in our community who are unable to follow Marin Public Health guidelines to be tested during the week of January 4th. Please see the other Marin testing options below if you were unable to register for on-campus testing.
Marin County COVID-19 Testing
Public Health Testing – Curative: Marin County Public Health offers five-day a week communitywide Curative COVID Testing opportunities. Appointments will be opened 4 days prior to testing day. For more information click here.
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
School Board & District Committees
- Board Meeting Highlights: December 8, 2020
- Board Meeting Video Archive
- Board Statements and Community Letters
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: Tuesday, January 12, 2020, 5 p.m., Zoom
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
- Next meeting: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10-11 a.m.