Kentfield School District News
Dear KSD Community,
As we close out the month of March I want to highlight some of what has been accomplished around our schools over the last number of weeks.
Women’s history month was celebrated through highlighting the contributions of women in history and contemporary society. Vaccination opportunities availed themselves to our staff to add an extra layer of protection and security. We expanded in-person learning opportunities for our KSD school community and launched a distance learning only pathway for targeted families. And, over 100 parents volunteered to support supervision activities across both school sites.
These highlights are just some of the magic that makes the KSD so special. I look forward to the weeks ahead where more magic will be made as we move through the final months of this school year.
Take good care,
REMINDER – Quarantine After Spring Break (April 5-9)
Please reference the Public Health Decision Tree (Tier III - Orange) to determine medical quarantine following the Spring Break Recess. Thank you to those families who have already submitted this form which will assist the KSD in planning for your child’s program during quarantine. We request families submit their form by Tuesday, March 30th. Please contact KSD School Nurse, Laurel Yrun at email@example.com with any questions related to quarantine and/or public health guidance.
Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year - Updated 3-20-2021
- Distancing students at least 3 feet in classrooms
- All schools eligible to open if case rates are below 25 per 100,000
- Importance of maintaining stable groups of students
When to Quarantine? See theMarin County Decision Tree
KSD requires quarantine for the following:
- Travel outside California
- High Risk Gathering - examples include large gatherings with more than 3 families, such as wedding, party, sporting event, concerts, etc.
Contact Laurel Yrun, KSD School Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
KSD SSSPP Update, Recording (English - Spanish - Portuguese) - Bacich SSSPP - Kent SSSPP
KSD & Marin County COVID-19 Resources, & Testing Opportunities
Discover local case rates, trends, demographics, and resources to stay up to date with the status of COVID-19 in Marin at the Marin Recovers and Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Surveillance Update websites.
Public Health Testing – Curative: Marin County Public Health offers five-day a week communitywide Curative COVID Testing opportunities. Appointments will be opened 4 days prior to testing day. For more information click here.
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
COVID-19 Decision Tree Guidance - English & Spanish Version
Know when to stay home and what to do when you or your family don't feel well or have engaged in what is categorized as a high-risk activity (e.g., any mixing of households, non-essential travel).
- Please keep this decision tree in a handy place or refrigerator for reference (updated 3-29-2021)
KSD COVID-19 Dashboard
In an effort to keep the KSD community informed a KSD COVID-19 Dashboard has been developed to display levels of exposure notification in alignment with Marin County Public Health Exposure protocols. The KSD COVID-19 Dashboard will be updated regularly. See our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details about this Dashboard.
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
Monday, March 29, 2021
- KSPTA School Lunch program began at Kent.
- Bacich lunch will continue as the weekly pickup at Kent.
March 30, 2021
April 5-9, 2021: Spring Break
Monday, April 12, 2021
- Resume KSD Full In-Person Instruction Districtwide
- KSPTA meeting, 7-8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- KIK board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m.
Friday, April 16, 2021
- Kent Principal Chat, 9:15 a.m.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Family Partners meeting, 4-5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Bacich Principal Chat, 8:45-9:45 a.m.
- LCAP/Strategic Planning meeting, 4-5:30 p.m.
Monday, April 26, 2021
- Bacich Site Council meeting, 3-4 p.m.
School Board & District Committees
- Board Meeting Highlights
- Board Meeting Video Archive
- Board Statements and Community Letters – Read the March 22, 2021 letter
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: Tuesday, April 13, 2020, 5 p.m., Zoom
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
Safe Routes to School
Wolfe Grade Crosswalk Activation Postponed
The new crosswalk being installed at the intersection of Wolfe Grade and Sir Francis Drake was scheduled to be ready for use on March 12. However, because of some unexpected issues needing to be resolved, there will be a delay in its activation. We will share details about the new opening date for the crosswalk as soon as we have more information.
If you have questions regarding this recommended route to school, feel to contact Tanya Vernitsky, Safe Routes to Schools representative, at email@example.com. Also, this is a link to neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools. Thank you!
Learn how to get to school safely with these tips for Hybrid Instruction. (English | Spanish)