Kentfield School District News
Dear KSD Community,
Welcome back from Spring Recess, I hope the break allowed you the space and time for rejuvenation and relaxation. This week’s Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees will review and discuss timely information related to district operations ranging from budget, LCAP-Strategic Plan, and general school updates, please join via Zoom webinar to participate and hear the latest KSD information and planning.
As we enter the last nine weeks of the 2020-21 school year our KSD team continues to demonstrate their dedication and professionalism by focusing their energy on the robust teaching of our students. We thank you in advance for your support and partnership as we all work together to finish this school year and begin plans for the 2021-22 school year.
Take good care,
Reminder - Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports
The Kentfield School District supports keeping our local youth active through operating various outdoor activities to support the mental and physical well-being of our children on our school campuses. As Marin County continues its progress in tier status let’s remember to do our part to support the sequential reopening in a safe and progressive manner where we live, work, and play.
On April 6th, the California Department of Public Health released updated guidance related to Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports reflecting:
- Spectators and observers are permitted pursuant to Outdoor Seated Live Events and Performances.
- Inter-team competitions, meets, races, or similar events are permitted to occur only with other teams within the state.
We appreciate our community following this guidance and supporting our local youth partners in actively enforcing their Public Health required COVID-19 Site-Specific Safety Protection Plans at practices and/or games. As a collective we have come a long way, and in order to continue to move in the right direction we must work together to minimize exposure. Thank you for working with us as we all adhere to local and state safety guidelines.
When to Quarantine? See theMarin County Decision Tree
KSD requires quarantine for the following:
- Travel outside California
- High Risk Gathering, examples include large gatherings with more than 3 families, such as wedding, party, sporting event, concerts, etc.
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- On-Campus COVID-19 Testing - must be pre-registered to participate
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- KIK board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m.
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Friday, April 16, 2021
- Kent Principal Chat, 9:15 a.m.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Family Partners meeting, 4-5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Bacich Principal Chat, 8:45-9:45 a.m.
- LCAP/Strategic Planning meeting, 4-5:30 p.m.
Monday, April 26, 2021
- Bacich Site Council meeting, 3-4 p.m.
School Board & District Committees
Safe Routes to School
Important Information About New Crosswalk Near Bacich
As you plan for your child’s walking and biking safety to/from school, please be aware that a crosswalk is being installed at the Wolfe Grade and Sir Francis Drake intersection, located in front of Bacich and Sloat Nursery. Even though the new crosswalk crosses Sir Francis Drake heading towards Bacich, for student safety, those who are able, should continue to use the existing pedestrian bridge to get across SFD.
The crosswalk will be ready for use on April 26. So, when considering your child’s route to school, please follow these simple recommendations as you plan ahead for this change:
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
- Please share this with your child, particularly if they travel independently to school.
Thank you for your partnership to ensure our Bacich bears and Kent falcons travel safely to and from school! If you have questions regarding this recommended route to school, feel to contact Tanya Vernitsky, Safe Routes to Schools representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.