Kentfield School District News
Dear KSD Community,
The positive energy and active engagement among staff and students on both campuses is such a joy to observe and witness. During the past week first graders' eagerly kicked off a "Spinning Earth" science unit; Kent students discovered new opportunities they would explore in their final enrichment rotation; and staff and parents collaborated to develop plans for an in-person graduation and promotion. These signs are all evidence of our community moving forward together as a united front on behalf of the students we serve.
As we continue the final trimester of the school year there is much activity ahead of us to culminate the year by honoring where we have been and celebrating where we are headed. Your partnership and collaboration is appreciated as we forge a path forward that strengthens our community.
Take good care!
Planning for the 2021-22 School Year
As shared last week, the KSD and KTA have mutually agreed to finish out this school year following our current schedule and to revert to a Pre-COVID schedule for the 2021-2022 school year. Hopefully this update helps community members plan for next fall.
Public health has opened COVID-19 vaccinations to everyone who lives or works in Marin who are 16 years old or older. Sufficient vaccination capacity is now available to ensure that our low HPI / vulnerable communities will be able to easily and quickly get vaccination appointments.
- Book an appointment HERE
- Learn more information about vaccination during this informational session hosted by Public Health.
COVID Relief Funds - KSD Community Webinar - April 20, 2021, 5 p.m.
Join Raquel Rose, Superintendent and Midge Hoffman, KSD Interim Chief Business Official for an overview of the anticipated KSD COVID Relief funds from the state. The webinar will provide information about the funds and how the community can offer input on how to prioritize this resource.
- Access the webinar link HERE.
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Daily: Virtual Crossing Guard with Ms. Stephens, 7:55-8:30 a.m., Zoom
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Family Partners meeting, 4-5 p.m.
- KSD Community Webinar on COVID relief funds for the district, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Bacich Principal Chat, 8:45-9:45 a.m.
- LCAP/Strategic Planning meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., agenda
Monday, April 26, 2021
- Bacich Site Council meeting, 3-4 p.m., agenda
Safe Routes to School
Crosswalk at Wolfe Grade & Sir Francis Drake Opening on April 26
As you plan ahead for your child’s walking and biking safety to/from school, please be aware that a crosswalk is being installed at the Wolfe Grade and Sir Francis Drake intersection, located in front of Bacich and Sloat Nursery. It has been confirmed that the crosswalk will be ready for use starting next Monday, April 26th. So, when considering your child’s route to school, please plan ahead for this change.
Even though the new crosswalk crosses Sir Francis Drake heading towards Bacich, for student safety, we have made the following recommendations about its use:
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
Please share this with your child, particularly if they travel independently to school. Thank you for your partnership to ensure our Bacich bears and Kent falcons travel safely to and from school!
If you have questions regarding this recommended route to school, feel to contact Tanya Vernitsky, Safe Routes to Schools representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, this is a link to neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools. Thank you!
School Board & District Committees
School Board Information: video recordings of meetings, community letters, minutes, trustee contacts
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: Tuesday, May 11, 2020, 5 p.m., Zoom
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
COVID-19 & In-Person Information
COVID-19 Information & Resources – vaccines, testing, public health orders
In-Person Instruction Information – safety plans, exposure measures