New Translation Feature! Click the "Translate" button at the top of the website to translate this newsletter and any page on our website. The translation does not work on image text or PDF documents.
Dear KSD Community,
Today launched the start of National Educator Appreciation week, where we pay tribute to the work of our educators in classrooms, on school yards and throughout school buildings across our nation. From nutritious treats to inspirational notes, a plethora of flowers to the kind words from our students, I am honored to be a part of this profession and I thank you for entrusting us with your child’s education.
Later this month, Marin County will honor every single public educator as well our local Public Health for doing their part to get our students back into the classroom. Join us for this virtual event on Thursday, May 20 via YouTube at 3:30 p.m.
Take good care!
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- DELAC meeting, 6-7 p.m.
Friday, May 7, 2021
- Deadline for community input on COVID relief funds survey
May 3-14, 2021
- KSPTA Kids Closet clothing collection
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
- National Bike to School Day
- Local Control and Accountability Plan/Strategic Plan meeting, 4-5:30 p.m.
- KIK Board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m.
Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Reclassification Ceremony, 6-7 p.m., Bacich Courtyard
Monday, May 17, 2021
Deadline for Input Extended! COVID Relief Funds Community Survey Now Due May 7, 2021
We are extending community input to help prioritize the new Expanded Learning Opportunity Grant Funds. Below are resources, which offer more background on how these dollars may be used and an input form to gather feedback.
Thank you in advance for your feedback and engagement.
- COVID Relief Funds – Webinar Recording
- COVID Relief Funds – Webinar Slide Deck
- COVID Relief Funds – INPUT Form due May 7, 2021
Ride Your Bike to School!
To spread the joy of biking, Marin Safe Routes To Schools is celebrating National Bike To School Day on Wednesday, May 12.
Reclassification Ceremony on May 13
- May 13, 2021, 6 p.m., Bacich Courtyard
We are thrilled to be celebrating our English Learning families in a Reclassification Ceremony! The ceremony will recognize the amazing ability to use two languages and will highlight the students who have recently been reclassified as English Proficient.
Join the Celebration – Submit a Congratulations Video!
We are inviting the entire community to join us in celebrating this achievement by submitting a short (10-30 second) video saying congratulations to our honorees for a video montage to be shown that night. Please send to Amber Hatfield at email@example.com.
Crosswalk at Wolfe Grade & Sir Francis Drake
A new crosswalk has been created at Sir Francis Drake and Wolfe Grade and opens today. We continue to support students using the overpass for the safest way to and from school.
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
- Learn more at Safe Routes.
School Board Information: video recordings of meetings, community letters, minutes, trustee contacts
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: Tuesday, May 11, 2020, 5 p.m., Zoom
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 6-7 p.m.
Local Control and Accountability Plan/Strategic Plan (LCAP) meeting: Wednesday, May 12, 4-5:30 p.m.
Marin Public Health School Update Recording: View the recording from the May 3 update on vaccination distribution, testing, and other pertinent information for schools.
COVID-19 Testing at the District Office
Everyone who lives or works in Marin and is 16 years old or older may receive a vaccine.
- Book an appointment
- Learn more during weekly vaccine informational sessions hosted by Public Health, every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m. through May 27.
COVID-19 Information & Resources – vaccines, testing, public health orders
In-Person Instruction Information – safety plans, exposure measures