Dear KSD Community,
We weathered quite a storm this past weekend and the next few days look to bring us clear skies and chilly days to close out the month of October. This week our students will celebrate fall through participating in some traditional Halloween parades on October 29 and celebrating the fall season with wonderful classroom activities. These fall-themed Acrostic Poems by our Bacich third graders reminded me of what to expect as we continue to celebrate the fall and winter months ahead!
Take good care,
Project Homekey — Save the Tentative Date
The KSD is working with the County of Marin to coordinate a Kentfield School District Community Forum addressing the proposed Project Homekey at 1251 S. Eliseo Dr.
We are tentatively planning an event for the evening of Tuesday, November 2. The date will be confirmed shortly.
Please see the Community Events section for more information on Project Homekey.
Security Camera Installation
This past summer and fall we continued to put the final touches on various district bond projects including the installation of security cameras at both of our school sites. The purpose of these cameras is to offer surveillance on our school sites and to deter any unwanted activities.
Per the KSD Board Policy 3515 prior to the operation of the surveillance system signage must be posted and the community shall be made aware of surveillance occurring. The cameras have been installed outside our campus and directed towards outside activity and not pointing into buildings. Please be aware that the recordings captured by these cameras may be used in disciplinary proceedings, and referred to local law enforcement, as appropriate. The cameras will not be fully activated until all signage is appropriately posted and visible to the public.
Bikes & Crosswalk Safety
Please remember that while crossing any street on bike, scooter, or skateboard students must walk their bikes across the crosswalk.
We thank our parents for reminding their children and reinforcing this important safety measure.
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- 7th Volleyball v. Del Mar, 4-5 p.m.
- Family Partners Meeting, 4-5 p.m., District Office, 750 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- 8th Volleyball v. Mark Day, 4-5 p.m.
Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Kent Flag Football v. Davidson, 4-5 p.m.
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Cross Country Championship at IVC, 4:15 p.m.
- Bacich Halloween Parade, students begin gathering at 8:45 a.m., parade route map
Monday, November 1, 2021
- No School – Professional Development Day
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
- Kent Site Council, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- 7th Volleyball @ Miller Creek, 4-5 p.m.
- District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC), 5-6:15 p.m.
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Bacich ELAC meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., agenda
- 8th Volleyball @ Davidson, 4-5 p.m.
Thursday, November 4, 2021
- Kent ELAC meeting, Kent Library, 3:30-4:30 p.m., agenda
Friday, November 5, 2021
- Kent Principal Coffee, 8:45-10 a.m.
COVID Communication Exposure & KSD COVID Dashboard:
The Kentfield School District is following protocols from the Marin County Office of Education and the Marin County Department of Health and Human Services for scenarios and actions related to COVID-19 exposures and cases.
The Marin Schools Public Health COVID-19 Exposure Protocols for various scenarios can be found HERE. We recognize the situation with COVID-19 continues to adjust, thus KSD will update processes and procedures accordingly. Please reference the Marin County Decision Trees for additional guidance. To reference exposure cases for the KSD visit our KSD Dashboard webpage.
Marin County Decision Trees - September 22, 2021
- Decision Tree for Exposures to COVID-19 in Child Care and Households/Community - 9.22.21
- Decision Tree for Exposure to a Positive Person in TK-12 Schools & Programs/Activities Serving TK-12 School aged Children - 9.22.21
- Decision Tree for Symptoms (in all settings) - 9.22.21
All on-campus volunteers must be vaccinated. If you are volunteering on campus working with children in any capacity, please complete the KSD’s vaccination verification process before you come to campus.
Reporting Self Testing
Marin Public Health Communicable Disease team created a link for parents and adult family members to report the results of their home tests, so that our teams can follow up with resources and information.
School Board Information: video recordings of meetings, community letters, minutes, trustee contacts
- Next Monthly School Board meeting: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 5-8 p.m., in-person in Kent MP Room and Zoom audio, agenda
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend in-person or via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
- District English language Advisory Committee meeting (DELAC): November 2, 5-6:15 p.m.
Marin Public Health & MCOE Updates
Tentative Vaccination Clinics for 5-11 year olds — Save the Dates!
Students and family members from across Marin will be welcome to attend any of these vaccination clinics and will include pre-registration and walk-in appointment options. These dates are based on a current projected timeline for approval.
- Marin County School Vaccination Clinics for Ages 5-11 - Flyer with dates and locations.