Bacich Bears News
Dear Bacich Community,
Happy Valentine’s Day! I loved walking around in a sea of pink and red here at Bacich today! Students were so happy to be sharing and receiving Valentines from their classmates and teachers. I had Valentine’s poems read to me by Mrs. Peters’ class and had the opportunity to participate in a fun activity in Mrs. Washburn’s class. Everyone was having a joyful time!
Last Friday was our fourth school wide assembly outside on the blacktop. After singing Six Simple Words accompanied by Mrs. Poon, we reviewed our Character Pillars of respect, fairness, caring and trustworthiness and then added a new one, responsibility. Several first grade teachers, under the guidance of Mrs. A, did a skit to demonstrate responsibility in action and the students loved it! We also encouraged students to participate in Random Acts of Kindness week by practicing acts of kindness and recording them all week. We always end the assembly with the Bacich Bell Song. Upon dismissal, an impromptu dance party broke out and several classes stuck around to dance.
Our buddy classrooms have been having so much fun together! At Bacich, older classrooms "buddy" with younger classrooms for different learning activities, socialization, and camaraderie. Recently, I had the opportunity to witness these buddies in action making valentines cards and symmetry mobiles. Here are a few pictures of our buddies working together.
Have a great week!
Mary Ann Spitzer
Bacich Lost & Found: Pick up by Friday, February 18.
Please stop by the Bacich Lost & Found to retrieve any items before they are sent to donate on Friday, February 18.
This is the time of year that our students receive a review of classroom and recess procedures, so I would like to review our carline procedures with the grown-ups too! Thank you for paying attention to these guidelines as it keeps everyone safe. Remember, there will always be a wait in the carline.
- Please do not park in our handicapped spots, even for just a minute. The sheriff will ticket you! These spots are used daily by our families who need them for drop off and pick up.
- Please use caution when entering or exiting the school grounds – both entrances are used by pedestrians, bicyclists, buses as well as cars.
- Please pull forward as far as possible to make room for other cars to pull up into the loading and unloading areas.
- Please have your child ready to go with their backpack and exit/enter the car on the sidewalk side.
- Please do NOT pass stopped or slow moving vehicles in the loading areas.
A special thank you to all of the parent volunteers who help carline run smoothly!
Kent Tutors Marin: Free virtual tutoring to K–6th graders in all subjects during school, after school, and on weekends. Spanish-speaking tutors are available. Sessions are 30-45 minutes via Zoom.
February Blog Post Now Available!
Check Out the February issue of the Bacich Library Book Buzz: bacichlibrarybookbuzz.blogspot.com
To Check Out Books: Visit: sites.google.com/kentfieldschools.org/bacich-library
- Watch this how to video to learn how to check out Bacich Library books.