Dear KSD Community,
Join us this week for our Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees on Tuesday, October 11 at 5 p.m. We will be meeting at the KSD District Office, 750 College Avenue. We will begin with an Educational Showcase highlighting our 3rd grade team and also hear various updates about student performance and school and district operations. Please click here to see the agenda and the various topics to be addressed. Please note beginning this month the KSD Board Meetings will no longer offer a Zoom option. We will record an audio of the meeting, which will be available to the public for six months following the gathering.
Wednesday, October 12 – International Walk to School Day!
International Walk & Roll to School Day (iWalk) is a global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and rolling to school on the same day. It began in 1997 as a one-day event and, over time, this event has become an annual event happening every October.
This event builds year-long excitement around getting to school in people-powered ways (bikes, scooters, skateboards or simply walking) that are good for our health, our environment, and our communities.
Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- 7th Grade Volleyball vs. Good Shepherd, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- 6th Grade Volleyball Game vs. Mill Valley, 5-6 p.m.
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m., agenda
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- International Walk to School Day
- Parents in Action, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Bacich Room 7
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Technology Committee meeting, 4-5 p.m.
- KIK Board meeting, 7-9 p.m., District Office
- KSPTA Parent Education Event: What Do You Say? How to Talk with Kids, learn more
Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Kent Picture Retake Day
- 8th Grade Volleyball at Good Shepherd, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Friday , October 14, 2022
- 4th Grade Social hosted by KIK and KSPTA, 5-7 p.m., Bacich Blacktop
- Evening Film Screening: Crip Camp, 5-7:30 p.m., get your free tickets here
Monday, October 17, 2022
- Bacich Principal Chat-IDEA Studio, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Bacich Site Council-All Welcome, 3-4 p.m.
- 6th Grade Volleyball Game vs. Miller Creek, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
- Bacich Picture Day Make Up
- Finance Committee, 4-5 p.m.
- 7th Grade Volleyball vs. Miller Creek, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Parents in Action, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Bacich Room 7
- Kent ELAC meeting, 4:45-6 p.m., Kent Library
Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Kent ELAC Meeting, 8:30-10 a.m.
- Flag Football at Davidson, 4-5 p.m.
- 8th Grade Volleyball at Mill Valley, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Next KSD School Board Meeting is on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 5 p.m.*
Here is a link to where you can find the agenda once posted. Access to the meeting will be via in person or audio.
School Board Information: video recordings of meetings, community letters, minutes, trustee contacts
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend in-person or via Zoom.
- Addressing the Board
*Please note beginning in October 2022 the KSD Board Meetings will no longer offer a Zoom option. We will record an audio of the meeting, which will be available to the public for six months following the gathering.
KSD Board/District Committees
- Technology Committee meeting, October 12, 2022, 4-5 p.m.
If you are interested in joining a District Committee, please submit your name here.
New Update from October 7, 2022
Please see below information regarding updated COVID School Policy and Guidance as of 10/7/22:
The CDC COVID-19 Community Level is Low (case rates and hospitalizations). MCPH recommends persons to wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk.
On 10/4/22, Isolation and Quarantine guidance was updated with the following recommendations for students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Isolation can end and students may return to school on day 6 if fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication AND symptoms are resolving.
- Students with resolving symptoms are not advised to test again and should wear a mask from day 6-10.
- A negative test should not be required to return to school/care unless the child/student is unable to mask until day 11 due to age or developmental/medical concerns.
- A negative test should be required in order to participate in sports for which masking is not recommended (water polo, swimming, wrestling, competitive cheer) on days 6-10.
- Staff must show a negative test from day 6-10 in order to return to work and remain masked until day 11 per CalOSHA regulations. (See Table 1 for more information about requirements for staff).
Language from our travel guidance has been updated to align with CDC guidance. MCPH is still recommending that all students and staff test 5 days after returning home from travel.
COVID-19 Guidance for K-12 Schools was updated to reflect extension of the COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave through December 31, 2022, through passage of Assembly Bill 152.
CDPH released MPX guidance for child care facilities and schools. MPX transmission among the general public and children remains low and to date, CDPH has not received any reports of MPX spread in these settings. The guidance notes that schools and child care facilities should follow their everyday operational guidance to reduce the transmission of infectious diseases and contact their local health department in the event of any concern for MPX exposure.