In-Person Instruction Information
Please visit the KSD Distance Learning Portal for distance learning information and resources.
Marin Public Health Update
Marin Public Health School Update Recording: View the recording from the May 3, 2021 update on vaccination distribution, testing, and other pertinent information for schools.
When to Quarantine
- Marin County COVID-19 Decision Tree Guidance - English & Spanish Version - Know when to stay home and what to do when you or your family don't feel well or have engaged in what is categorized as a high-risk activity (e.g., any mixing of households, non-essential travel). - updated 3/29/2021
- Exposure protocol for grades 3-12
- Exposure protocol for grade TK-2
Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year – Updated 3-20-2021
- Distancing students at least 3 feet in classrooms
- All schools eligible to open if case rates are below 25 per 100,000
- Importance of maintaining stable groups of students
Announcement, April 16, 2021: Kentfield School District (KSD) and the Kentfield Teachers Association (KTA) we are pleased to announce our mutual agreement regarding school operations through the 2021-22 school year.
Announcement, November 6, 2020: KSD and KTA negotiators met today and mutually confirmed the school district is prepared to begin Hybrid Instruction on November 12. School Principals provided additional information about this transition on Saturday, November 7.
- Presentation: Reimagining School in a COVID-19 Environment, - November 5, 2020
- Community Update, October 29, 2020
- Community Update – October 22, 2020
- Site-Specific Safety Protection Plan Training Module Presentation
- Intent to Return Form Extended & Reminders - October 14, 2020
- Site Specific Safety Protection Plan Training Module Orientation - October 12, 2020
- Site Specific Safety Protection Plan Training Module Orientation - October 8, 2020
- 2020-2021 Dynamic School Guide
KSD Community Conversation with Local Physicians & Administrators, October 15, 2020
- A Perspective of In-Person Instruction in a COVID-19 Environment
- A Message From Bacich and Kent Leaders - July 27, 2020
- Principal Mary Ann Spitzer's Letters & Videos - including principal chats
Marin County Information
Marin County Public Health
- Community Conversation with Public Health - January 4, 2021 Recording
Marin Public Health representatives, Dr. Willis and Dr. Santora hosted a Community Conversation following the winter recess to provide updates about COVID-19 in our County and the Stay-at-Home Order.
- Marin County Schools & Public Health Community Meeting, December 8, 2020
- Marin Public Health Back to School Parent Letter 2020-2021 - English | Spanish
- Marin Reopening Status
- Marin Public Health Orders
- Air Quality Information - Guidance on school activities outdoors during COVID-19
- Comprehensive Public Health Update - Dr. Matt Willis adn Dr. Lisa Santora, August 12, 2020
- Public Health Recommends Delay For Full Return of In-Classroom Learning, July 15, 2020
- Marin County Public Health recorded presentation and slide deck by Dr. Matt Willis, July 16, 2020
- Rethinking Schools: A Public Health Guided Return to Site-Based Classroom Instruction in the Age of COVID-19
- Health and Education Officials Chart Course for Safe, In-Classroom Learning, June 18, 2020
- A Public Health Guided Return to Site-Based Classroom Instruction (Spanish language version)
- MCOE COVID-19 Information
The Blueprint for a Safer Economy offers a simplified four-tiered color coded system to monitor status of COVID-19 across the state. This system tracks the number of new cases per 100,000 people and positive test rates. The tiers are set up as follows:
- Guidance Related to Cohorts - offers information necessary for in-person child supervision and limited instruction, targeted support services, and facilitation of distance learning in small group environments for a specified subset of children and youth.
- Criteria for waivers allowing classroom instruction
- Governor Newsom's Pandemic Plan for Learning and Safe Schools - July 17, 2020
Internet and Connectivity
- Internet for All Now - Phone Number: 844-841-4636
- Comcast Internet Essentials (Temporarily Free) - Phone Number: 1-855-846-8376 for English or 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish
- Spectrum : 60 days of free internet to families who do not have access during the coronavirus pandemic - 1-844-579-3743 English | 1-833-224-6603 Spanish
Resources for Families
- Learning Activities - Kentfield's collection of sites with activities students can do at home.
Social Emotional Support
The Bacich and Kent counselors have created documents to support the emotional needs of students and families during the closure:
In partnership with Governor Newsom, Parents Anonymous® Inc. recently launched the California Parent & Youth Helpline and Online Parents Anonymous® Support Groups in response to the Coronavirus to provide free trauma-informed, evidenced-based emotional support to Parents, Children and Youth in any language via calls, text, live chat, and email.
- The California Parents & Youth Helpline operates 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-8: p.m.
- Parents can Join a Weekly Online Support Group NOW through the website: caparentyouthhelpline.org. In this confidential setting, Parents address their underlying emotions and build resiliency to strengthen their family.
Parent Education Series Webinars
Marin County Behavioral Health and Recovery Series and the Marin County Office of Education offered a webinar series focusing on mental health and wellness in the home.
- Effective Strategies to Support Loneliness and Isolation Due to Lack of Direct Peer Interactions
- Strategies to Address Building an Effective Home Routine/Schedule for Individuals/Families
- Developing Coping Skills to Help Adapt to Change
Drive-Thru Food Distribution at Northgate Mall
Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Weekly registration required. Registration opens at 10 a.m. on Thursdays of the week prior.
- No internet access? Call 628-272-8430