The Kentfield School District is governed by a five-member, elected Board of Trustees. Trustees serve for four-year terms. The Board holds public meetings once a month and welcomes public comment and involvement.
The Board is compensated as per Board Bylaw 9250 (Board Remuneration, Reimbursement And Other Benefits).
To Contact the Board, please write to:
Kentfield School Board of Trustees
c/o Raquel Rose, Superintendent
750 College Avenue
Kentfield, CA 94904
- For more information, please contact the District Office at (415) 458-5130.
Trustee Election Update, October 17, 2022
As many may be aware, our next regular election is on Tuesday, Nov. 8. The KSD will not have a contested election for the open Board of Trustee seats, instead we will welcome Trustee-elects - Cari Irwin, Benny Joseph and Silver McDonald. Our Trustee-elects are actively engaging in the full scope of their anticipated role in order to fully accept their new position at the December Board Reorganization meeting. Highlights regarding our Trustee-elects will be forthcoming.
In compliance with state and federal laws, the Kentfield School District Board of Trustees establishes policies and regulations by which our local schools are governed.
School Board Protocols
Governance Team Norms
We agree to:
- Focus on the best interest of all students at every grade level
- Work together as a governance team to set direction for the District
- Come prepared and be fully present and engaged; do not interrupt; avoid side conversation.
- Listen with empathy; be mindful of your assumptions.
- Engage in dialogue before debate; commit to constructive conflict.
- Exhibit positive body language, mannerisms, and tone of voice.
- Maintain and protect impartiality and confidentiality.
- Commit to no surprises.
- Conduct all Board business in Board meetings.
- Respect and support Board decisions; speak with one voice regarding Board decisions.