Board Letters and Statements
Letters to the Community
- December 10, 2021 Board Letter on Project Homekey - KSD Board thoughts on proposed Project Homekey.
- December 10, 2021 Board Letter on Project Homekey – Spanish
- School Board Letter 08-24-2021 - Learn how the strategic plan guides the District, an invitation to join a Board Committee, and how to participate in a board meeting.
- Board Letter 05-12-2021 - Meeting technical difficulties with video recording.
- Board Letter 03-22-2021 - Gratitude for the community's work on achieving this next phrase in instructional programming, and speaking out against racism toward Asians.
- Board Letter 02-12-2021 - An apology, clarification, and gratitude.
- Board Letter 12-02-2020 - KSD Update - Hybrid Instruction & KSD-KTA Negotiations.
- Board Letter 11-12-2020 - Gratitude for our dedicated team of teachers, staff, administrators, and particularly our custodial staff, for the successful transition today to in-person instruction.
- Board Letter 11-09-2020 - Hybrid Instruction transition, negotiation next steps, COVID-19 data, and upcoming Board meeting.
- Board Letter 08-31-2020 - Back to School message for 2020-2021 and District Committee membership solicitation.
- Board Letter 06-12-2020 - Fourth grade promotion and 8th grade graduation festivities, June 9th Board Meeting highlights, video recording, school survey, and Superintendent transition.
- Board Letter 06-08-2020 - Board Meeting structure to include 8:46 minutes of silence to reflect upon the deep-rooted racial injustices in our country and to recognize the protests currently occurring throughout the world.
- Board Letter 06-05-2020 - Roadmap to Reopening School Task Force, Reclassification Ceremony, upcoming School Board election, and resources for how to talk to children about race and racism.
- Board Letter 05-19-2020 - Prospective Board Member Orientation
- Board Letter 05-08-2020 - Introduction of Superintendent finalist Raquel Rose.
- Board Letter 05-07-2020 - Rescission of 2.5 layoff notices, update on Bacich class size, and gratitude during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- School Board Letter 04-20-2020 - Maintaining social connection during distance learning.
- Board Letter 04-03-2020 - Distance learning transition, equity, and access.
- Board Letter 02-13-2020 - Process and result of expenditure reductions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Board Letter 01-09-2020 - January-February Finance Committee Meetings, Superintendent Search, Strategic Plan, College of Marin (COM) litigation, and the Bacich Construction Project.
- Board Letter-Spanish 01-09-2020 - Spanish Version.
- Board Letter 08-29-2019 - Tentative Collective Bargaining Agreement between KSD and KTA, Strategic Planning Process, and the Superintendent Search.
- Board Letter 05-23-2019 - Clarification on "Step and Column" Increases and Labor Negotiation Next Steps.
- Board Letter 05-16-2019 - Labor Negotiations.
- Superintendent Search Board Update 04-17-2019 - Superintendent Search Board Update – Superintendent Liz School will remain for 1 more year.
- Superintendent Search Board Update 04-2-2019 - Superintendent Search Board Update – search process started.
- Superintendent Search Board Update 03-27-2019 - Board Announcement of Superintendent Liz Schott's Retirement.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact our Board President, Heather McPhail Sridharan, at email@example.com. Feedback is always welcome.