Kentfield School District is committed to reducing suicidal behavior and its impact on students and families. To that end, the district has developed a Suicide Prevention Policy which includes measures and strategies for suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention.
- Crisis Response: Suicide Prevention and Postvention Protocols (Marin County Health & Human Services, MCOE and Marin School Districts)
School Counselor Information:
Urgent Mental Health Support
24/7 California Youth Crisis Line
24/7 988 Suicide and Crisis Hotline
- Call 988
24/7 The Trevor Project (LGBTQQIA+)
- Text “START” to 678678 or Call (866) 488-7386
- Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- The mobile crisis team operates Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday from 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Staff are available to walk you through how to keep your child safe, either over the phone or by coming to your home to evaluate your child. This is a free service. https://vimeo.com/535723012
Marin Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)
- Located at 250 Bon Air Rd Greenbrae, CA 94904
- Marin County Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) provides services to Marin County residents and visitors experiencing a mental health crisis, such as suicidal depression or psychotic behavior. The CSU Unit is open 24 hours/7 days a week and has a total of 10 beds to provide attention to youth and adults in psychiatric crisis regardless of financial status or whether or not they are insured. Length of stay is limited to less than 24 hours.
- 415‑441‑KIDS (5437)
- Need support in parenting or providing care to kids? Open 24/7
Non-Urgent Mental Health Support
Marin County Mental Health Resources
Califonia Parent and Youth Hotline
- Free emotional support call, chat, or text between 8am and 8pm every day
SAMHSA's Disaster Distress Line
- 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
24/7 Mental Health Association of SF "Warm Line"
- The Peer-Run Warm Line is a non-emergency resource for anyone seeking emotional support. They provide assistance via phone and webchat to anyone in need. Some concerns callers share are challenges with interpersonal relationships, anxiety, panic, depression, finance, and alcohol and drug use.
- Need to talk to someone? 7 Cups of Tea offers trained volunteer listeners who are available 24/7 to give emotional support over online chat. It's anonymous and completely free
- Buckelew Programs also offers outpatient counseling to children, families and adults. They also direct the Marin Suicide Prevention Hotline 24/7 at 415-499-1100
- For grief counseling, call 415-499-1195.
- Call 211 for free and confidential information and referrals connecting people to health and disaster information and social services through a comprehensive resource database.