Welcome to Kentfield School District!
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
- Family Partners Meeting, 4-5 p.m.
- District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 5-6:15 p.m.
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Bacich English Learners Advisory Commitee (ELAC) Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- KSPTA Parent Education Event, "Raising Healthy, Caring and Successful Children in Today’s Complicated World with Dr. Laura Kastner, Ph.D" 6:30-8 p.m., Zoom
Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Marin Public Health Update for the School Community with Dr. Matt Willis and Dr. Lisa Santora, 4 p.m., Zoom
- Live Spanish Translation will be available. The session will be recorded and posted on the Rethinking Schools website.
Saturday, December 11, 2021
- KSPTA Kids Closet Event, Bacich Community Center, learn more
Monday, December 13, 2021
Tuesday, December 14
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m., Kent Middle School
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- KIK Board meeting, 7-8 p.m.
December 20-31: Winter Break
Health and Safety Updates
Pediatric Vaccination Information
Marin County COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccination is now available.
- Pediatric Vaccination Information & FAQ
- Public Health, Pediatric and Infectious Disease recorded panel discussions
Letters for Parents/Guardians on pediatric second dose scheduling and vaccine cards from Marin Public Health
- Marin Public Health Letter to Parents/Guardians 11-29-2021-English
- Marin Public Health Letter to Parents/Guardians 11-29-2021-Spanish
Vaccination Verification Request Forthcoming
Please note KSD will be formally requesting verification of fully vaccinated 5-11 years olds beginning December 6, 2021.
The Kentfield School District is following protocols from the Marin County Office of Education and the Marin County Department of Health and Human Services for scenarios and actions related to COVID-19 exposures and cases.
The Marin Schools Public Health COVID-19 Exposure Protocols for various scenarios can be found HERE. We recognize the situation with COVID-19 continues to adjust, thus KSD will update processes and procedures accordingly. Please reference the Marin County Decision Tree for additional guidance. To reference exposure cases for the KSD visit our KSD Dashboard webpage.
Student Vaccination Verification
In alignment with Public Health guideline #30, the KSD is requesting vaccination verification of all students who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Starting December 6, verification will be required for students 5-11 years old.
Parents/Guardians may submit verification digitally HERE.
The KSD staff will be proactively confirming vaccination to publicly post KSD’s student COVID vaccine rate no later than October 1, 2021. Please note that no personal identifiable information will be shared.
All on-campus volunteers must be vaccinated.
If you are volunteering on campus working with children in any capacity, please complete the KSD’s vaccination verification process before you come to campus.
Marin County Decision Trees - September 22, 2021
- Decision Tree for Exposures to COVID-19 in Child Care and Households/Community - 9.22.21
- Decision Tree for Exposure to a Positive Person in TK-12 Schools & Programs/Activities Serving TK-12 School aged Children - 9.22.21
- Decision Tree for Symptoms (in all settings) - 9.22.21
District Policy on Sexual Harassment
Integrated Pest Management
District Policy on Parent Classroom Visits
Uniform Complaint Procedures
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
Current KSD Job Opportunities
Are you interested in part time work in a school setting? Do you enjoy working with small groups of students?
If so there are two ways you can engage in this type of work. Apply for an open Classroom Paraprofessional position or sign up to be a substitute for the Kentfield School District. We need to build our pool of paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. If you are interested in either of these roles please reach out to email@example.com or follow the directions below.
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
Visit the School Board page for the archived videos of board meetings, letters to the community, agendas, and minutes.
- District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, December 7, 2021, 5-6:15 p.m.
- Safety Committee meeting, December 13, 2021, 9-10 a.m., Zoom, agenda
Student Registration / Enrollment
- Kindergarten/New Student Enrollment Now Open
- Incoming Kindergarten students for 2021-22 will need to turn 5 before September 2, 2021.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Getting To and From Kentfield School District
- Learn how to get to school safely with tips and neighborhood route maps.
- All visitors must be vaccinated.
Security Camera Installation
This past summer and fall we continued to put the final touches on various district bond projects including the installation of security cameras at both of our school sites. The purpose of these cameras is to offer surveillance on our school sites and to deter any unwanted activities.
Per the KSD Board Policy 3515 prior to the operation of the surveillance system signage must be posted and the community shall be made aware of surveillance occurring. The cameras have been installed outside our campus and directed towards outside activity and not pointing into buildings. Please be aware that the recordings captured by these cameras may be used in disciplinary proceedings, and referred to local law enforcement, as appropriate. The cameras will not be fully activated until all signage is appropriately posted and visible to the public.
750 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904 (view map)
Telephone: (415) 458-5130
Fax: (415) 458-5137
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday