Welcome to Kentfield School District!
COVID-19 Exposure Reporting Procedure
If a student or staff are exposed to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19, please call the appropriate school site office immediately and report the following:
- Name - First and Last
- Date of Exposure or Test Positive
- Contact Information - Email or Phone Number
Marin County COVID-19 Testing
Public Health Testing – Curative: Marin County Public Health offers five-day a week community-wide Curative COVID Testing opportunities. Appointments will be opened 4 days prior to testing day. For more information click here.
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
- Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Safety Program (CSP) - posted 1/27/2021
- Bacich School Site-Specific Protection Plan
- Kent School Site-Specific Protection Plan
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - English version
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - Spanish version
- Marin County Decision Tree Guidance - updated 3/29/2021
- Marin County Tier 2 - Substantial (“Red”) guidance - Updated 2-24-2021
- Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports - CDPH Guidance - Updated 2-19-2021
- Community Learning Hubs and Childcare
- Air Quality Information - Guidance on school activities outdoors during COVID-19
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
- Check the Air Quality
School Board and Committee Information and Meetings
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Virtual Board Meeting Video Archive
- School Board Letters to the Community
- Board Meeting Highlights and Meeting Minutes Archive
Board Meeting Highlights are posted online and emailed/texted to KSD families. In these highly unusual times, we encourage you to read them closely and direct any questions or concerns to our Board President, Heather McPhail Sridharan (email@example.com) and Incoming Superintendent, Raquel Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feedback is always welcome and valued.
LCAP/Strategic Planning meeting, Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 4-5:30 p.m.
Student Registration / Enrollment
- Kindergarten/New Student Enrollment Now Open
- Incoming Kindergarten students will need to turn 5 before September 2, 2021.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Getting To and From Kentfield School District
Safe Routes to School
Important Information About New Crosswalk Near Bacich
As you plan for your child’s walking and biking safety to/from school, please be aware that a crosswalk is being installed at the Wolfe Grade and Sir Francis Drake intersection, located in front of Bacich and Sloat Nursery. Even though the new crosswalk crosses Sir Francis Drake heading towards Bacich, for student safety, those who are able, should continue to use the existing pedestrian bridge to get across SFD.
The crosswalk will be ready for use on April 26. So, when considering your child’s route to school, please follow these simple recommendations as you plan ahead for this change:
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
- Please share this with your child, particularly if they travel independently to school.
Here are the neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools.
750 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904 (view map)
Telephone: (415) 458-5130
Fax: (415) 458-5137
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday