Welcome to the Kentfield School District!
Kentfield School District’s mission is to inspire and challenge all students to live, learn, and lead to their fullest potential.
2023-24 Registration, including TK / Kindergarten, opens January 30, 2023
- Incoming Kindergarten students will need to turn 5 years of age by September 1, 2023.
- Incoming Transitional Kindergarten students will need to turn 5 years of age between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024.
Bacich Elementary School (TK through 4th grade) Registration Information
Kent Middle School (5th through 8th grade) Registration Information
Please confirm that your child should attend Kentfield Schools before beginning the registration process.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Registering Your Student in the Kentfield School District
STEP 1: Log In to the Aeries Online Enrollment Portal
Visit the Aeries Online Enrollment Portal, and click Enroll A New Student if starting a new registration from scratch. If continuing a registration you already started, click Login in the lower-left.
- You will always begin registration for each student this way, even if:
- Your family already has other children attending school in the district.
- You are enrolling multiple children.
- You already have an Aeries Parent Portal account (which is NOT the enrollment portal).
During the online enrollment process you will be asked to either
(a) login as an existing user, or to
(b) create a new account.
- If you do not already have an enrollment portal account, create a new account.
- You must have a valid email address. If you do not have one, Google and other vendors provide free accounts.
- This account is ONLY for the Aeries Enrollment Portal (before your student is registered), and is completely different from the Aeries Parent Portal account you will receive after registration (once your student is enrolled in Kentfield) .
- If you create a new account, check your email for a verification code to continue.
- If you begin the process and need to finish later, you will login as an existing user at that time.
If you have any problems accessing the Online Enrollment System on a mobile device, you may need to use a desktop/laptop computer.
STEP 2 - Ensure that you have all required documentation in digital form.
All documents must be uploaded during the registration process. Either scan your documents (Adobe Scan Android | iOS is one of many free scanning apps), or take a CLEAR picture.
- (1) Student's birth certificate, passport, or other proof of birthdate.
- (2) Student's current immunization record, provided by a physician.
- (3) District Affidavit of Proof of Residency PLUS 4 supporting documents:
(a) Category 1 (1 of 2 required, see below for details)
(b) Category 1 (2 of 2 required)
(c) Category 2
(d) Category 3
- (4) Kindergarten Documents (if applicable)
- The California School Immunization Law requires that all children receive a series of immunizations before entering school. The law requires schools to enforce immunization requirements and to maintain immunization records of all children enrolled. Please note that students entering 7th or 8th grade must have documentation of a Tdap (whooping cough) immunization.
- Marin County Health and Human Services:
Immunization Program | Immunization Clinics | Information in Spanish
- If you have further questions about immunizations, please contact School Nurse Laurel Yrun, R.N., at 415-925-2220 for Bacich, 415-458-5970 for Kent, or by email at email@example.com.
Documentation of Your Residency Within the District Boundaries:
Kentfield School District policy (BP 5111.1(b)) requires all students to demonstrate proof of residence within the Kentfield School District. California Government Code (sections 243 and 244) defines residency as the location where a person lives/sleeps/domiciles. There can be only one primary residence. If you have any questions regarding these residency requirements, please contact the District Office at 415-458-5130.
A District Affidavit of Proof of Residency (Spanish) and supporting documents must be filed for any student who is (a) new to the District, (b) a former District student returning after a leave, or (c) matriculating from Bacich 4th grade to Kent 5th grade. Supporting documents include:
- Category 1 (provide TWO of the following): PG&E Statement | Current Lease Agreement |. Most recent income tax return (please black out or cover sensitive personal information)
- Category 2 (provide ONE of the following): Cable Bill | Water Bill | Garbage Bill
- Category 3: Valid Government Issued Identification (CA Driver's License | CA Identification Card | Passport)
If you have an incoming TK or Kindergarten student, here is a Google Drive folder that contains documents for you to
- complete and submit: Transition to TK/Kindergarten - Parent Info | Spanish
- complete and submit: Health History | Spanish (ALL grades)
- read: Oral Health Brochure | Spanish (TK/K and Grade 1)
- have a health examiner complete then submit: Oral Health Assessment/Waiver | Spanish (TK/K and Grade 1)
- have a health examiner complete then submit: School Entry Health Exam (TK/K and Grade 1)
- have your child's preschool teacher complete and submit: Transition Information Preschool
** You must provide all required documents, including proof of required immunizations, in order to enroll your student. Hard copies may be requested by school offices after review.
STEP 3 - Complete the online registration process and upload all requested documents.
If you have trouble uploading documents or need language assistance, please contact Community/Student Service Liaisons Ivette Villarreal (firstname.lastname@example.org; 415-458-5130 x160).
STEP 4 - Review the completed registration form carefully to ensure that all requested information is accurate, then click to Finish and Submit.
If you do not receive email notification of submission, check that you've clicked Submit.
STEP 5 - (for Incoming Kent Students only) Schedule an Appointment.
After you finish and submit your online enrollment form, please email registrar Jeanne Sellers (email@example.com) to schedule an appointment to complete the final steps, which may include a Math placement test.
Questions About Registration?
If you have any questions, please contact:
Bacich Elementary School (entering Grades TK through 4)
- Lynn Bartha: | 415-925-2220 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent Middle School (entering Grades 5 through 8)
*Registration for Kent may include student placement testing for Math.*
- Jeanne Sellers | 415-458-5970 | email@example.com
District Office (only in July, when school campuses are closed for the summer.)
- Beth Fogel | 415-458-5130 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kentfield District Boundary Map
- Affidavit of Proof of Residency Packet - English - For incoming 5th grade families, and families who are new to the district.
- Affidavit of Proof of Residency Packet - Spanish