Kentfield School District Student Registration
Welcome to the Kentfield School District!
Kentfield School District’s mission is to inspire and challenge all students to live, learn, and lead to their fullest potential.
Kentfield School District is currently accepting registrations for the 2018-19 school year AND pre-registrations for the 2019-20 school year.
Before registering your new student, please follow the following links for more information:
- Kentfield District Boundary Map.pdf - Please confirm that your child should attend Kentfield Schools before beginning the registration process.
Incoming Kindergarten and Fifth Grade Registration Events: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Incoming New Kindergarten Students: 1-3 p.m., Bacich Office
- Current 4th Graders/Incoming 5th Graders: 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please download and complete this Proof of Residency (POR) Affidavit before the registration event.
- Bring the form and your supporting documents with you to the registration event.
- As described on the Affidavit, you must submit two items from the Category 1 (the first column) and one item from Category 2 (the second column).
Registering Your Student in the Kentfield School District
Step 1 - Complete the Online Registration Process
Visit the Aeries Online Enrollment Portal, and click the Enroll A New Student button.
You will always begin registration for each student this way, even if:
- Your family already has other children attending school in the district.
- You are enrolling multiple children.
- You already have an Aeries Parent Portal account.
During the online enrollment process you will be asked to login as an existing user or to create a new account.
- You must use a valid email address. If you do not have one, Google and other vendors provide free accounts.
- This account is only for the Aeries Enrollment Portal, and is separate from your Aeries Parent Portal account. You may use this account to finish enrolling a student if you are interrupted before you can complete the enrollment.
You will need to use a computer to complete this online registration process. The Aeries Online Enrollment System does not work as well with mobile devices. If you have difficulty, you may use a computer in the school office to complete the registration by contacting the school office for an appointment.
Step 2 - Schedule an Appointment
At the end of the online enrollment form, after you press Finish and Submit, click on the link to the appointment calendar to schedule an appointment.
Step 3 - Ensure That You Have All required Documentation For Your Appointment
Document 1 - Student's birth certificate, passport, or other proof of birthdate.
Document 2 - Student's current immunization record, filled out and signed by the student's physician.
Please note the following immunization information:
- The California School Immunization Law requires that all children receive a series of immunizations before entering school. The law requires schools to enforce immunization requirements and to maintain immunization records of all children enrolled. Please note that students entering 7th or 8th grade must have documentation of a Tdap (whooping cough) immunization.
- Marin County Health and Human Services: Immunization Program | Immunization Clinics | Information in Spanish
If you have further questions about immunizations, please contact School Nurse Laurel Yrun, R.N.,. at (415) 925-2220 for Bacich, (415) 458-5970 for Kent, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Document 3 - Documentation of your residency within the District boundaries.
- Kentfield School District policy (BP 5111.1(b)) requires all students to demonstrate proof of residence within the Kentfield School District. California Government Code (sections 243 and 244) defines residency as the location where a person lives/sleeps/domiciles. There can be only one primary residence. If you have any questions regarding these residency requirements, please contact the District Office at (415) 458-5130.
- A District Affidavit of Proof of Residency and supporting documents must be filed for any student who is
- new to the District
- a former District student returning after a leave
- matriculating from Bacich 4th grade to Kent 5th grade
- If you are registering over the summer and the school office is closed, forms can be filed at the District Office at 750 College Avenue in Kentfield.
Residency supporting documents include:
- Category I (provide TWO of the following): PG&E Statement / Current Lease Agreement / Most recent income tax return
- Category II (provide ONE of the following): Cable Bill / Water Bill / Garbage Bill
- Category III: Valid Government Issued Identification
If you have any questions regarding these residency requirements, please contact the District Office at (415) 458-5130.
Step 4 - Bring ALL required documents and your online enrollment confirmation to your enrollment appointment at the school office
You must have all your documents, including proof of required immunizations, in order to enroll your student.
Please Note: Kent Middle School Registration includes student placement testing for Math and Language Arts; please bring your student with you to the registration appointment.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Bacich Elementary School (entering Grades TK through 4)
- Lynn Bartha: (415) 925-2220; email@example.com
- Jan Canon: (415) 925-2220; firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent Middle School (entering Grades 5 through 8)
Registration for Kent includes student placement testing for Math and Language Arts.
- Lisa Sandberg: (415) 458-5970; email@example.com
District Office (only in July, when school campuses are closed for the summer.)
- Maureen Moulton: (415) 458-5130; firstname.lastname@example.org