In the Kentfield School District (KSD), we provide an environment that challenges all students to live, learn, and lead to their fullest potential. We are grateful that our community has supported our district with local parcel tax funding for over 30 years. Our schools rely on local funding to support academic programs and maintain the outstanding art, music, and elective programs critical to a well-rounded education.This education funding helps keep our schools among the best in the state.
On March 6, 2018 Kentfield voters approved continuing the existing KSD parcel tax at the current rate of $1,143 per parcel, add $355 per parcel, and bring current local education funding into compliance with recent changes in state law. The Parcel Tax rate approved in March 2018 took effect on July 1, 2018 and expires on June 30, 2028.
- For questions about the Parcel Tax, please email email@example.com or contact the District Office at 415-458-5130.
Parcel Tax Senior Exemption
An exemption from the Kentfield Parcel Tax assessment will be made available to each individual in the District who meets the following requirements:
- Has reached 65 years of age before July 1st of the assessment year (i.e has turned 65 prior to June 1, 2023 to be eligible for an exemption in the 23-24 tax year);
- Owns a beneficial interest in the parcel;
- Uses that parcel as his or her principal place of residence; and,
- Applies to the District on or before the filing date for the tax years listed below.
Any application from a qualified applicant will provide an exemption for the parcel tax for the remaining term of the assessment so long as such applicant continues to use the parcel as his or her principal residence.
- Filing date for the exemption to take place for the 2023-2024 fiscal year was July 1, 2023.
- Filing date for the exemption to take place for the 2024-2025 fiscal year is July 1, 2024.
To apply for an exemption, please download and complete the document below. Application and supporting documentation may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies may be mailed to:
Kentfield School District
750 College Ave.
Kentfield, CA 94904
Attn: Parcel Tax Exemptions