School Board Information
Letter to the Community – August 29, 2019
The Board of Trustees provides a community update on the agreement reached between the Kentfield School District (KSD) and the Kentfield Teachers Association (KTA), opportunities for community participation in the upcoming strategic planning process, the initiation of the superintendent search, and important details about participating in School Board meetings.
- Next Regular Board Meeting:
- September 10, 2019, 5-7 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
Strategic Planning Session – October 17-18, 2019, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Kent Library
Key areas of focus: how to achieve our mission of providing the best education possible to all Kentfield students through a lens of equity and methods to reduce costs and increase long-term revenue.
We would like a representative group of teachers, administrative staff, parents, students, and community members to participate in this two-day session. All participants must be available for the full time period on both days. Translation services will be provided as needed.
- If you are interested in participating in the Strategic Planning Session, please email Superintendent Liz Schott (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 10th.
Please watch this space for future opportunities to participate in the strategic direction of our district.
DELAC (District English Learners Advisory Committee) meeting: September 17, 2019, 5:45-7 p.m., District Office
- Intro DELAC Purpose and Elections
The September 12, 2019 Finance Committee meeting is postponed until after the District Strategic Planning session scheduled for October 17 and 18.
English Language Learners
English Language Learner Resources and English Learners Website
- Bacich ELAC (English Learners Advisory Committee) meeting: September 4, 2019, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- English Learner Welcome Night: September 25, 2019, 5:45 -7 p.m., Bacich Community Center
- Various community groups will speak for 5-10 minutes each about the opportunities they offer.