Dear KSD Community,
We are excited to share two large summer facility projects happening this summer.
At Bacich, the play structure and gaga pit located on the main playground will be replaced. This project was made possible through generous donations from the Spring 2019 KIK Fund-A-Need and local bond dollars. All preparations for the new structure are on time, with the structure scheduled to be in place and operable at the start of the new school year. We hope to celebrate this fabulous update with an official ribbon cutting in early Fall.
We are also working on a staggered implementation of adding districtwide air conditioning to our Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems. Providing air conditioning for our classrooms and gathering spaces will provide a positive teaching and learning environment for our students and staff. This project, funded by local bond dollars, will begin summer 2021 and carry on as necessary for full completion.
Additional security upgrades and emergency preparations will be addressed during the course of the summer as well. Special thanks to our Facility and Maintenance team for leading the way with these projects which align to our strategic plan and LCAP of providing well-maintained facilities that optimize teaching and learning for our school community.
Take good care!
*For security, Zoom links and passwords for events are not posted on the District website, and are sent through ParentSquare.
Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Youth Truth survey due, please complete one per child
Friday, June 4, 2021
- All Bacich and Kent library books are due
Monday, June 7, 2021
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
- KIK Board meeting, 7:30-9 p.m.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
- 8th Grade Graduation, 6-8 p.m.
Friday, June 11, 2021
- Last day of school
- 4th Grade Promotion, 9 a.m., Bacich field
Monday, June 14, 2021
Family Partners Meeting
Today, Family Partners welcomed speaker Sam Drazin of Changing Perspectives at their meeting. He shared specific strategies for parents and caregivers to help their children understand and feel confident in their uniqueness.
Districtwide Community Engagement
As shared at the past two Board meetings, the KSD is committed to working with all stakeholders – staff, parents/guardians and students in an effort to repair, restore and reconnect. In order to collectively collaborate on this process we are soliciting participation from the community.
- If you would like to be a part of this planning process, please submit your name HERE for consideration by June 7.
The KSD is soliciting feedback from our parent/guardian community through a survey aligned to the YouthTruth, a National Nonprofit. The survey includes questions related to school culture, engagement, relationships, communication and safety.
We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will support us in doing our very best for the students and school community of the Kentfield School District.
- The survey can be accessed HERE. Please complete one per child on or before June 3, 2021.
Community Public Health Meetings Save the Date
- June 16, 2021: Marin Schools and Public Health Update on vaccinations, outlook for 2021-2022, and summer (flyer in English and Spanish)
- August 17, 2021: Public Health Guidelines for 2021-2022 School Year
Vaccine Opportunities for 12-15 Year Old Students
- Information Flyer
- Overview of Vaccine Opportunities for 12-15 year old students (English and Spanish)
- Emergency Use Authorization Fact Sheet for Pfizer Vaccination (English and Spanish)
- Vaccine Consent Forms (English and Spanish)
Everyone who lives or works in Marin and is 12 years old or older may receive a vaccine.
COVID-19 Information & Resources – vaccines, testing, public health orders
In-Person Instruction Information – safety plans, exposure measures