Bacich Bears News
Dear Bacich Families,
We are basking in the glow of gratitude at Bacich this week.
Thank you so much for showering our teachers and staff with heartfelt signs of appreciation. It was so fun to come on campus this morning and see all of the fabulous door decorations. Students arrived with homemade cards for their teachers in hand. There are still more plans for recognizing teachers throughout this week, and you can feel the joy bursting out of each classroom.
Another thing we are so grateful for is all of the students who participated in the Variety Show. They were so brave, interesting, talented, and funny! Katie Levine and Amy Wheeler did all of the heavy lifting to put the show together and it came out wonderfully. Last Friday, I introduced the show "live" through Zoom in all of the classes, and then they showed the video. Students were talking about it all day.
We are also grateful for the addition of room 34 on the Bacich campus this year. In today’s Bacich Bear Broadcast, the school was formally introduced to the class by the students, staff, siblings, and parents. This video helps us kick off a month about learning about our differences as well as reflecting on our similarities. This Friday, I will be playing the songs of Stevie Wonder, one of my favorite musicians, who is blind.
Finally, the winners of the fourth grade cover art contest for the yearbook have been announced! The winner of the front cover is Vivian Tetzlaff and the four winners for the back cover are Freya Morris, Corrina Bouligny, Kaisa Johnson, and Brittany Vela. Congratulations! And a big thank you to Meghan Levin for completing the yearbook under the wire so kids can receive it in June!
Have a great week!
Mary Ann Spitzer
May 7, 2021: Current 4th grade families, instrument preference is due to Kent.
May 19, 2021: Bacich Principal Chat, 8:45 a.m.
Attention 4th Grade Families!
- Please fill out this linked google form to indicate your instrument preference in music for your child’s fifth grade year.
- Due by this Friday, May 7th.
Bacich Bear Broadcast: May 3, 2021
Order Limited Edition Bacich Spirit Wear & 4th Grade Yard Signs
Missed the Principal Chat on Social Justice Curriculum? Don’t worry! Here is the recording of the chat as well as the slide deck with links to curriculum and videos.
Bacich Art Blog
Visit Ms. Libby's latest blog post featuring the Bacich school wide K-4th grade community action step bookmark project and 1st grade bird sketches.
Read Ms. Warnick's May blog post for her book recommendations for May day, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day.
Bacich Library Check Out and Curbside Pick Up
- Email the books you want to check out to Librarian Ms. Warnick email@example.com.
- See the library blog for instructions on how to access the Alexandria Library Catalog to look for books.
- Some books may be able to be delivered to the classrooms, and the others will pick up their orders on Friday. Ms. Warnick will let you know. Curbside pick up available every Friday in front of the Bacich Office. The books will be placed in plastic bags with your names on them on a cart.
- Please return books on Friday in the red plastic bin labeled, "Return Bacich Library Books Here" in front of the office.