Don't Miss These Announcements
Flu Prevention and Information
Influenza has come early in Marin County, California and throughout the country. Influenza is a viral infection that affects your respiratory system. Although most people recover, some can become very ill and in rare cases it can lead to death. We are expecting a severe flu season.
- Parent Letter from the Marin County Department of Health in English and in Spanish.
- Flu Prevention and Care Tips in English and Spanish
- For more information about the flu, please visit marinflu.org. To find a flu vaccine at a location near you, visit vaccinefinder.org.
County Health Alert - Coronavirus
- Letter to parents from Marin County's Public Health Officer about the Coronavirus available in English and Spanish.
County Health Alert - Fentanyl Overdoses
- Letter to parents from Marin County Department of Health and Human Services and Marin County Office of Education available in English and Spanish.
Parents/Guardians of Sixth Graders
- Tdap Booster vaccine records are required for seventh grade due by February 21st.
- Please read the Kent section for more information.
New Parking Regulations on Acacia Avenue
To make this busy thoroughfare more walker and biker friendly, new parking restrictions will be put into place on the south side of Acacia (Lilac to McAllister) and north side of Acacia (Lilac to Rosebank) from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on school days.
- Download 2019-2020 District Calendar
- Download 2020-2021 District Calendar
- View Online Calendar for Bacich, Kent, and District
Friday, January 31, 2020
- Bacich Lost & Found will be donated
Monday, February 3, 2020
- Special Board Meeting, 1-4 p.m., District Office
- Bacich Site Council Meeting, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Conference Room
- Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., Kent Library
- 2020-2021 student registration begins
Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- Kent Site Council Meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- Parent Partner Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- DELAC Meeting, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library
- 6th Grade Choir and Advanced Choir Winter Concert, 7-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
- Kent Project Runway Field Trip, 8:30-9:40 a.m.
- kik Board Meeting, 7:30-9 p.m., District Office
Thursday, February 6, 2020
- 8th grade enrollment at Redwood High School for incoming 9th graders
- 2:15 and 2:45, based on alphabetical order by last name. Please contact Redwood for more information.
- Free Community Education Event hosted by KSPTA: Beyond ‘Girly Girls’ & ‘Tough Guys’, 7-8:30 p.m., Bacich Library
Monday, February 10, 2020
- Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., Kent MP Room
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- School Board Meeting, 5-8 p.m., District Office
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- KSPTA All Day Fundraiser YOLO Frozen Yogurt
February 17-18, 2020: No school: Presidents' Recess
Friday, February 21, 2020
Wednesday February 26, 2020
- Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- First meeting of the Technology Committee of the Board, 4:30-5:30 p.m., District Office.
- All interested parents and staff are welcome.
Letter to the Community: January 9, 2020
- The School Board provides an update on January-February Finance Committee Meetings, Superintendent Search, Strategic Plan, College of Marin (COM) litigation, and the Bacich Construction Project (Spanish Version)
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
- 2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
- Tuesday, February 4, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
Technology Committee of the Board
- February 26, 4:30-5:30 in the District Office.
- Come to the first meeting of the School Board's new Technology Committee. All interested parents and staff are welcome.
Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meetings
Weekly meetings are underway to assist the board with its daunting task of balancing next year’s budget. All are welcome to attend, but if that is not an option, here is the annotated agenda with links to resources that provide relevant information. Feel free to add your questions or ideas to the linked google doc.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
The first interim budget report was presented by District Business Official Kirsten Starsiak at the December 12, 2019 School Board meeting. The district was able to certify to the county that we can meet our financial obligations for the next three years only after reducing $1 million in expenditures in next year’s projected budget.
The board has requested that an ad hoc Finance Committee meet through the month of January to produce a menu of possible expenditure reductions in time to produce a balanced 2020-21 budget.
- All meetings are from 4-5:30 p.m.
Monday, February 3, 2020 - Kent Library
Monday, February 10, 2020
English Language Learners
Lost & Found to be donated Friday, January 31, 2020
- Last day to check the cardboard boxes in the quad to claim your child's lost items.
Current 4th Graders Attending 5th Grade at Kent: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
Hilo Series Author Judd Winick Visits Bacich Library
- February 13, 2020, 11:15 a.m.
If you would like to order your child one of the books in the Hilo series, please complete this order form and return it to your teacher by Monday, February 10, 2020
**A percentage of all sales will be donated to Bacich**
Bacich Yearbooks on Sale!
The Bacich yearbook is a keepsake that includes individual photos, class photos and collage pages for each grade… plus special pages for Rancho Day, Halloween Day, and other activities.
Order deadline is Monday, March 30, 2020.
- These volunteer roles are school-wide. For classroom-specific opportunities, please contact your lead room parent.
- Monday, February 3, 2020, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
- Free internet and computers
- Summer Camp Information
- Registration for Middle School
- Marin Enrichment
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
6th Grade Families: Tdap Booster Requirement
Your child will need the Tdap booster vaccine to enter the seventh grade in the fall. If your child has not had this vaccine, please make an appointment with your health care provider as soon as possible and bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office. If your child has had this vaccine, please bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office.
- More information on school immunization requirements.
- Records must be received by Friday, February 21, 2020 to register for seventh grade classes.
Laurel Yrun, RN Credentialed School Nurse
5th - 7th Grade Only: Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers. All transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
Yearbooks are on Sale Now
Be sure to order one of these amazing mementos to cap off your child's year! To order, go here:
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at email@example.com. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
8th Grade Families
2020-2021 High School Registration Begins Soon
February 6, 2020: 8th grade enrollment at Redwood High School for incoming 9th graders (2:15 and 2:45 p.m., based on alphabetical order of last name)
Most families choose to attend their school of residence. Please refer to your high school website for registration/enrollment information.
If you would like to enroll at Tamalpais, Redwood, or Drake High School and this is not your school of residence, please read the information posted on the District website for “Open Enrollment.”
As a first step in the registration process, incoming freshmen may apply now for an Open Enrollment transfer. Please see the application on the district website. The initial deadline for transfer requests is on January 17. After January 17, students will be contacted individually to confirm their school of choice. Once approved, students will be able to register directly with your school of choice.
“Open Enrollment” applies only to students who are TUHSD residents who wish to attend a district high school other than their school of residence. The January transfer request deadline allows entering ninth grade students to register at the group registration days at your school of choice. Although you may register at any time at your school of residence, the final deadline to request an Open Enrollment transfer is June 30 (or until the maximum of 50 spots per site are filled).
If you have read the information posted on the website and have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Tamalpais Union High School District
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, March 9, 2020, 8:30-10 a.m, Bacich Room 33
Free Community Education Event: Beyond ‘Girly Girls’ & ‘Tough Guys’
Healthy Gender Messages for All Ages
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Bacich Library
- Spanish translation available. All parents and caregivers welcome.
Gender norms and stereotypes limit all children and teens, no matter what their gender is, impacting how they feel about themselves, the kinds of opportunities they believe are open to them, and how they are treated by their peers.
Connect with KSPTA!
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
We have lots of fun ideas for barn raisin’ parties for parents like a Trivia Night, golf tournament or host one for kids like a Movie Night or Laser Tag! Or come up with your own fun idea and recruit your friends!
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact email@example.com.
Next Walk & Roll to School Day: Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Driver Alert! New Parking Restrictions on Acacia
There are some exciting new parking restrictions that should make Acacia Avenue safer for our kids walking to school and help relief the traffic congestion on this narrow street/alley.
The new parking restrictions apply along the length of Acacia Avenue:
- From McAllister Avenue to Rosebank Avenue on the northern side (closest to Sir Francis Drake Boulevard) is no parking 7:30-8:30 a.m. on School Days.
- From McAllister to Lilac on the southerly side (Mt. Tam side) is no parking 7:30-8:30 a.m. on School Days.
Existing parking restrictions on the map are in red and the new parking restrictions are in blue.
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Galileo Innovation Camp: Enrollment Now Open
Summer Camps available June 22-August 7, 2020
Galileo Camps use engaging hands-on projects to teach design-thinking and problem-solving skills in a fun environment kids love. Energetic, inclusive staff and proven curriculum make for a memorable summer kids will cherish.
Camp Galileo is introducing a new age group at Kent: 5th-6th graders as Meteors join Pre-K: Nebulas, 1st-2nd: Stars, 3rd-4th: Supernovas
Early Bird Special! Enroll by March 2, 2020 for the best rates of 2020 and save $20/week. Convenient extended care and lunch also available.
Learn more: www.galileo-camps.com or 800-854-3684.
Field Hockey Spring 2020 Season
Golden Gate Rippers, a North Bay lacrosse club, now offers the first youth field hockey club in the North Bay for boys and girls in grades 5-12.
Spring Season 2020
- Practice Dates: Sundays, January 26 to May 10, 2020
- Players may join anytime, even if the season has already started - the fee will be prorated.
To learn more about spring season or summer camps contact our Rippers Field Hockey Director, Aline Copp at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit goldengaterippers.com. Field hockey is now a NCS varsity sport at many Marin High Schools.
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020: How to Stop Cyberbullying with focus on Grades 3-8
- Thursday, March 15, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
All workshops are 6-7:30 p.m. at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
2020 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
Free informative education series that examine important issues facing today's families. Presentations by noted Bay Area experts will offer tools and strategies to empower you to help raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
March 3, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Battling Adolescent Substance Addiction: Learn the Signs and Know What to Do.
March 24, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Helping When Your Child Is Hurting: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Prevent Adolescent Self-Harm and Suicide.
March 31, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Slaying the Beast: A Practical Guide for Parents on the Dangers of Technology Overuse and Obsession
- For more information or to register visit www.cipmarin.orgor call (415) 459-5999 xlOl
Car Raffle Benefits Special Education
Parent volunteer group Dedication to Special Education is raffling off a 2020 Prius to benefit special education programs in all public schools in Marin County! Odds are approximately 1 in 3,000 and tickets are only $20!
Tickets will be sold at The Village at Corte Madera on weekends during December and at various locations throughout Marin in January leading up to the drawing on February 9, 2020.
Monday, February 10, 2020, 6 p.m.
Marin Community Office of Education
Join us to discuss methods to keep our youth safe from trafficking and exploitation, something happening in our own backyard, as well as how to navigate their ever-increasing digital world.
Deepa Patel, Co-Founder of Trauma and Hope, will present and answer questions from our parent community starting at 6:30 p.m.
Help us build awareness and keep our youth safe from trafficking and exploitation.
The event is free and light dinner is provided at 6 p.m.
Questions? Feel free to contact Marlene Capra at email@example.com
PROTECT Liaison of Marin
Soroptimist of Marin
Marin Coalition to End Human Trafficking
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
Last chance to register! Sign-up deadline is Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Trip is April 4-9, 2020.
Last parent meeting: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 6-7 p.m., Kent Room 30
- Only parents of registered students need attend.
Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.