Kent Falcons News
Greetings Kent Community,
Halloween Celebration at Kent — This Friday, October 29, we will hold a Halloween Parade at Kent, for students and staff who participate in this fall tradition. Our parade this year will be outside on the Back 50 blacktop during an extended Friday recess, and students are invited to participate by parading with their grade level. For children who do not dress up, we have a large spectator section for our parade, and for students who do not celebrate Halloween, the Library will be open for games, reading, and movies. If your child is planning to come to school in costume, please make sure your student understands the following expectations for Halloween costumes at school.
- Costumes must not interfere with school participation, including PE and typical classroom activities
- Costumes may not feature any type of weapon (gun, sword, spear, etc.), silly string, or references to drugs/alcohol
- Costumes shall be culturally sensitive and not negatively represent any race, religion, or gender
We are looking forward to a joyful and fun celebration together this Friday! On Sunday, October 31, many students and families will choose to celebrate Halloween in the neighborhoods around our school. Please remind your child to navigate our community with safety and respect. We expect our Kent Falcons to positively represent our school as role models for younger students out celebrating in our neighborhoods, and we also ask that students stay off of the Kent campus on Halloween.
Thank you for your attention to these expectations.
Rainy Day Updates — Now that we have experienced a few rainy days at Kent, I want to share what you and your child can expect with regards to how we have structured rainy days, while still following relevant Covid mitigation protocols.
- Driveway — When dropping off your child on any day at Kent, and especially on rainy days, please be sure to drive all the way down the Kent driveway to the drop off location in front of the Gym and locker rooms. There is no student drop off permitted in front of the office due to safety concerns and traffic congestion.
- Rainy Day Recess — During a rainy day recess, students may eat their snacks and socialize with their peers under the many overhangs in front of their classrooms. Due to Covid protocols at our school, students may not eat their recess snacks inside classrooms during recess. The Library is open for students to use during rainy recesses.
- Rainy Day Lunch — For lunch on rainy days, students remain in the class they just had before the start of the lunch period. Students may remove their face covering while eating their lunch, but they must remain in their assigned seat for that class. When not eating, students may play games, socialize with peers, and/or watch content on our Kent media server. For students who prefer not to eat inside, they may also eat and socialize under the overhangs outside of classrooms.
We look forward to rounding out the month of October with a productive week of learning and fun at Kent!
Kent Athletics Sweatshirts Now on Sale!
Are you looking to purchase a great new piece of Kent spirit gear and support Kent athletics?
We are ordering Kent Athletics sweatshirts this year to do just that!
Please fill out the order form and write a check to Ryan Palmer (Kent Athletic Director) in the amount of $21. Bring in your order to the Kent office or room 30 at Kent. Our next order is being made very soon! Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity.
Kent Halloween Costume Drive
Transformers, witches, princesses, and pizza slices are just a few of the over 94 costumes that magically appeared at Kent Middle School donated by so many of our thoughtful Kent community members during our Halloween Costume Drive last week.
Compass Family Services in San Francisco expressed tremendous gratitude to all of you who have helped their community of homeless families find happiness during this holiday season.
THANK YOU and have a safe and Happy Halloween!
A huge thank you to eighth grader, Christopher Salz who advertised, organized, and managed the entire drive! What an incredible example of selfless service!
5th - 7th grade parents who are applying to private schools please contact Lisa Sandberg, Administrative Assistant to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Tuesday, November, 2: Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Friday, November 5: Kent Principal Coffee, 8:45-10:00 a.m.
Thursday, November 4: Kent ELAC Meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Library
Kent Lunchtime Clubs
Discover a lunchtime club opportunity!
Lunchtime clubs provide falcons with an opportunity to develop friendships and participate in activities and projects with their peers.
Kent Cross-Country Meets
at College of Marin Indian Valley Campus……….….Fri. 10/29 (4:15 p.m.)
Kent Flag Football Games
vs. Davidson…………………………………….Thurs., 10/28 (4 p.m.)
vs. Lagunitas…………………………………... Thurs., 11/4 (3:45 p.m.)
Kent Volleyball Games
7th grade team vs. Del Mar………………Tues. 10/26 (4 p.m.)
8th grade team vs. Mark Day……………Wed. 10/27 (4 p.m.)
7th grade team at Miller Creek………………………….Tues. 11/2 (4 p.m.)
8th grade team at Davidson……………………………….Wed. 11/3 (4 p.m.)
7th grade team at Davidson……………………………….Tues. 11/9 (4 p.m.)
8th grade team vs. San Domenico……Wed. 11/10 (4 p.m.)